Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

What’s really struck me watching the first two weeks, and especially today, is that half our squad look like they aren’t even close to full fitness yet. KDB and Sterling were both gassed for the last twenty or thirty minutes, Kun wasn't pressing in the second half, Bernardo was a little bit sluggish, Gundo looks like he's carrying an extra 10 pounds. I really wonder if not being able to train at more than half speed during our shambolic preseason tour cost us two points today.

So it was nothing to do with not taking one of our countless chances? It was down to fitness?

Interesting. So you were watching in Canada on TV and you were better informed than the 54,000 souls inside the Etihad. How has the game got to this ? It's clear and obvious then that there's no point going to watch games live any longer. Everyone stay at home and they can pipe crowd noise into an empty stadium.
I think you're onto something - let the match going fans be the judge instead of using VAR, for example by pressing a button in the seat. Season ticket holders get two votes, and being a Top Blue earns you an additional vote.

Just back and listened to phone ins and seen comments on here before I left the ground and just caught up on some more comments. For me, as I said in an earlier comment we should've had this game wrapped up easily with the chances we had. Pep told us all this a while back and being wasteful has cost us today, whereas as Spuds had two efforts and scored two.

Ref VAR , well it ain't going away is it? I think no one would argue its clinical, down to a hair on an arm or a mm. That's fine, I accept that, what I dont accept is the inconsistency of its use. One game a pen is a pen, in another it's not even reviewed. that's the problem with it as I see it and until it is consistent then it's just a lottery and open to corruption. A few people on radio asking why the ref didnt go and take a look at the decisions That's because they have been told to trust their colleagues at Stockley Park and try not to slow the game down. I still think Riley is a smug cnut tho even tho VAR wasnt his introduction I bet he loves all the shit it causes

We attacked brilliantly today without being in top gear and whilst theres a bit of rustiness in our play I'm fairly confident that we will still win the league this season.

Just got in so not caught up.
2 things we learned today:
1 We need to put our chances away (statement of the bleeding obvious, but crap var decisions would become academic)
2 Spurs are not good enough to win anything.

He came here to fucking WUM and then get outta dodge.

You've fell for it. All the way to the bank.

My breathing is fine btw, but thanks for the concern.

Relax bud, we'll win the league with or without VAR or wums.

If they don’t want us to think it’s corrupt, mic the refs, the VAR room, show all the footage they are looking at in the big screen. Until they do that, they are hiding something. And the only reason to hide it is if it’s bent.
I'd agree that it should be shown in the ground from every angle.

Just back and listened to phone ins and seen comments on here before I left the ground and just caught up on some more comments. For me, as I said in an earlier comment we should've had this game wrapped up easily with the chances we had. Pep told us all this a while back and being wasteful has cost us today, whereas as Spuds had two efforts and scored two.

Ref VAR , well it ain't going away is it? I think no one would argue its clinical, down to a hair on an arm or a mm. That's fine, I accept that, what I dont accept is the inconsistency of its use. One game a pen is a pen, in another it's not even reviewed. that's the problem with it as I see it and until it is consistent then it's just a lottery and open to corruption. A few people on radio asking why the ref didnt go and take a look at the decisions That's because they have been told to trust their colleagues at Stockley Park and try not to slow the game down. I still think Riley is a smug cnut tho even tho VAR wasnt his introduction I bet he loves all the shit it causes

We attacked brilliantly today without being in top gear and whilst theres a bit of rustiness in our play I'm fairly confident that we will still win the league this season.

Great post.

If they don’t want us to think it’s corrupt, mic the refs, the VAR room, show all the footage they are looking at in the big screen. Until they do that, they are hiding something. And the only reason to hide it is if it’s bent.
Exactly.
Rugby refs have a mic and fans are happy.

Mind you in football theyd have the VAR ref with Gary Nevilles voice dubbing it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.