Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

Very encouraging performance. If they are the 3rd best team in this league we made them look very average.

We will be in the 95 points range or maybe or even more. Very very disappointing with VAR but putting that aside very happy with way we played and onwards.

What was it Scudamore said in 2018.... we need the league to remain competitive?

It looks like theyve found away to synthetically affect results with VAR.
Every City goal will clearly be scrutinised for the slightest infraction.
We well simply have to score a minimum of three goals per game to have any chance of 3 points.

Firstly we ran spurs ragged today, the gulf between us was massive. Only ourselves to blame for the missed chances and conceding soft goals, but goals being disallowed for things like we have witnessed the last two weeks is ruining the game for me.

Interesting. So you were watching in Canada on TV and you were better informed than the 54,000 souls inside the Etihad. How has the game got to this ? It's clear and obvious then that there's no point going to watch games live any longer. Everyone stay at home and they can pipe crowd noise into an empty stadium.
Isn’t that part of the problem with VAR. Watching at home we get the benefit of several replays from different angles and the analysis of experts, yet in the stadium you only see it once and have no idea what the VAR referee is looking at and how they arrive at their decision.

Contrast that with cricket where, If I understand correctly, the images that the third umpire is reviewing are shown on the big screen and the discussion between the third umpire and the match umpires can be heard over the loudspeaker system. Total transparency.

Why oh why do the police let the away fans out onto a main road walking against the flow of the home fans? Surely they should hold them all back a bit for everyone's safety. Or maybe they just want to see a bit of action.

It's a bit odd particularly after such a contentious end. A few got on my bus and were laughing/gloating about the disallowed goal. I told them I'd keep it down a bit if I was them and they did. Away from home on a bus mainly full of home fans you don't rub their noses in it.

Isn’t that part of the problem with VAR. Watching at home we get the benefit of several replays from different angles and the analysis of experts, yet in the stadium you only see it once and have no idea what the VAR referee is looking at and how they arrive at their decision.

Contrast that with cricket where, If I understand correctly, the images that the third umpire is reviewing are shown on the big screen and the discussion between the third umpire and the match umpires can be heard over the loudspeaker system. Total transparency.
There will never be transparency whilst brown envelopes are being handed out

Rugby League too.

There will never be total transparency in football. Too much money, too many brown emvelopes

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.