Has our fan base become spoilt?

The problem is we have two types of supporters I’m old skool City fan when I grew up City were Sh**. Where my son he’s only 10 and he’s only ever known City to be the best team in England. What I’m saying is sometimes you can become a spoilt brat because we have had nothing but success.

Have we become spoilt? We have got used to winning, last time we dropped points was January. Last time we went out of a competition was April, the mindset of everyone in the club is to win everything. If it doesn’t happen it feels like a huge bump in the road.

We have lost 6 premier league games in 2 seasons which is mind boggling and amassed the two largest point totals in history, dropping points is a rarity these days. There is little margin for error now in a league campaign, Saturday was a killer but I’m ready to strap myself back in again for Bournemouth. Who wouldn’t want to look forward to next weekend when we can watch Kev and Bernardo rip it up again. No one in this league is better than City, they just need to start converting the chances.

This

The problem is we have two types of supporters I’m old skool City fan when I grew up City were Sh**. Where my son he’s only 10 and he’s only ever known City to be the best team in England. What I’m saying is sometimes you can become a spoilt brat because we have had nothing but success.

Yes, lee bradbury would have put them missed chances away all night:)

No!

We’re under the cosh from everyone off the pitch.

So when we don’t win on the pitch, we feel even more aggrieved.

A win is normally our two fingers up to all the haters.

Winning lesson the impact and the s*** we’re getting off the pitch.

Its because we haven't won for a change, its like the end of the world. If we win next weekend it will be;

Can we go all season unbeaten
Is this the best squad ever in sport
Could Ederson play in midfield he's that good
Is it time for Pep to be knighted
and so on and so on.

I'm surprised there's not a large group on here who are partially sighted given the amount of knee jerk reactions they have.

I think everyone is feeling the pressure at the moment, it was way to quiet after Spurs scored their first on Saturday.

I find modern society loves a knee jerk reaction, however they'll calm somewhat after a vent and a decent hissy....

Spot on. If it takes almost two minutes for Graham Cross sat staring at a screen miles away, looking at the goal from every angle, to call handball, then he MUST spot the tug on Laporte s arm, however slight it was. We all saw it on replays so he must have. This was done to stop him reaching the ball and it achieved it's aim. It slowed his momentum down and altered his balance. So the goal should have stood on that basis. If asked to explain afterwards the fa could say, "Yes we saw the accidental handball but it was the var team's view that the tug on the player's arm, however slight, contributed to it happening, therefore we allowed the goal to stand." Correct decision and easily explainable.

We are not spoilt, we just want fair treatment. Many of us before the season started called that var was open to interpretation and corruption. We feared it would be used as a tool to halt our momentum and aid our rivals. Yesterday just proved that for many. That decision and the one to not award a clear penalty has cost us two points and we now play catch up already with Liverpool. Until I see it rule out vital decisions for them I will believe it is being used against us.

This ridiculous handball rule needs to be scrapped. I agree in a non penalty for a ball being blasted at a player from close range, but for a goal, unless a player deliberately uses his hand to put the ball in the net, or slides it in using his hand like Boly or Aguero last season then it's a goal.

The offside rule needs altering to rule out disallowing goals on millimetres. The impetus should go with the attacker and it has to be clear daylight between the last defender and the attacker, not a hand, toe or nose. In the stadium we need a clear voice announcement "Var review" on contentious decisions so we, the important match going fans who provide the atmosphere and sell the product worldwide know what the fuck is happening.

It should be an aid and good for the game but at the moment it is anything but.
Suspend VAR until we have a system as absolute and instant as goal-line technology. Goal-line technology is brilliant -you couldn't improve it. Raheem is exceptionally quick - so quick he can appear offside when he's onside causing VAR refs to 'guess' whether he's offside. If we're to keep current VAR pending an upgrade then require VAR refs to do what the cricket and rugby equivalents do - give a running commentary on what they're seeing to get rid of the secrecy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.