Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much is your season ticket in the KOP.. ?Mine cost £735.00 in CB3..

was speaking to a dipper a few years ago, we got talking about tickets etc , I told him that I am a Cityzen card holder which gets me discount and tickets I said its £30. He said thats the same sort of thing I have at dipperpool gets me a discount and tickets for the same price £30 per month...…..no I said mine is £30 per year , to say he was shocked was an understatement !!!

The money pumped in by the Moores family, around 1960 was incredible for the time - Ian St. John was the second highest transfer fee paid in the UK in 1960 (I think)... doesn't seem so unsual, until you realise Liverpool were in the 2nd division back then, and had been for years, and hadn't looked like getting out of it!
Shankly spent massively - a lot of it on Scottish players that the press at the time dubbed "MacMercenaries"... hardly sounds like a club that did things 'the right way' does it?
The massive investment led to success on the field... sound familiar?
What we have done is nothing different to Liverpool, Arsenal, the Rags, Chelsea etc. etc., the only difference is that nowadays we have social media, that gives every nobhead a mouthpiece, and far too many who believe the bollocks that the "media" feed them without question.
This should be a ‘sticky!’ Post of the the week! (and next week!)

I’ve never ‘dipped’ any bins in my life ;)

First game in ‘82, started going with the lads 87/88. Been a Kop STH for over a decade. Been to most grounds in this country and a few abroad too.
One question I’d like to ask about this forum is how many are actual match going Blues? That’s not a stick to beat anyone with, more a case that those who live out their football lives on the Internet generally have a different mindset than others. You only have to look at RAWK to back that theory up.

I know what you mean. First game 5-1 win against Newcastle in 1975, I think most on here started going before and through the bad times, hence the current level of joy. That said most of the angst is blatantly driven by the media, they really are scum.

Just to be clear.
The owner of the site encourages and welcomes fans from other teams.
However well they start with good intentions it isn’t too long before they start to fill in their City Bingo cards.
You are new to the forum and perhaps don’t realise that those of us who have been here a long time get fed up with the tiresome little digs that usually centre around, but not exclusively
No history
Little club
Empty seats/not a big club
Nothing until the money came along
We have endless pots of money from our dirty Arab oil money
Human rights abusers
Warmongers

By all means come on and discuss football, and associated paths that that may take you down.

But gratuitous mentioning of the above has been heard a thousandfold and usually ends up with that poster getting a ban, just like your fellow traveller ‘6times’.

Keep to the footy and all is well, filling in your Bingo card and all isn’t.
My mate @6TIMES has been banned already?????????

I still didn't get chance to tell him how arrogant his forum name is / was........

@squirtyflower what was the straw that broke the camel's back on this one? ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.