Gundogan as an attacking midfielder

That tweet is inaccurate, City have dropped points 30 % of the time when Ilkay has started as an 'attacking midfielder' post-injury.

Oh and he didn't start the Newcastle defeat, so anothrr error.
The Newcastle defeat seems an error yeah. City Xtra worded the tweet poorly though because the original tweet said he's been starting as an #8 in 70% of the games we drop points.

The Newcastle defeat seems an error yeah. City Xtra worded the tweet poorly though because the original tweet said he's been starting as an #8 in 70% of the games we drop points.

Ah that makes more sense, cheers.

You are singling out Mahrez while you do not want people to criticize Gundogan ! Mahrez touched the ball around 30 times only ! The score was zero zero when he came off ! Give the bloody scapegoat a break for goodness sake !

nt p

No don't get me wrong I hold my hands up and think Gundogan was shit yesterday where as Mahrez was totally fucking shit. The score can be 0-0 when he left the pitch but as soon as Bernardo came on the defenders on that side had to actually put a shift in.

No don't get me wrong I hold my hands up and think Gundogan was shit yesterday where as Mahrez was totally fucking shit. The score can be 0-0 when he left the pitch but as soon as Bernardo came on the defenders on that side had to actually put a shift in.
Yes because he was up against a tired defence that had done their utmost to nullify Mahrez and Walker. What matters is the end product, Bernardo missed a sitter and did not influence the game albeit being a breath of fresh air coming off the bench.

Can people stop saying everyone was poor. That is just not true. Eddie, Fern, Cancelo, Rodri, were ok, Silva and Sterling not great by their standards but not terrible, Aguero is hard to judge as he had no supply and as we were pushed up no space. Bernardo and Zinchenko did ok when came on.

That leaves Otto, Walker, Gundog, and Mahrez as poor (and in Walkers defence he was playing on the same side as Gundog and Mahrez so not much to work with)
Walker appears to have had an illness. I think it was partly poor individual form by most of the team but largely systemic failure . The group as a whole were unable to execute the Pep blueprint and the reasons for this have been discussed at length at this stage

Yes because he was up against a tired defence that had done their utmost to nullify Mahrez and Walker. What matters is the end product, Bernardo missed a sitter and did not influence the game albeit being a breath of fresh air coming off the bench.

Now I know this is a wind up

Pretty piss poor that we’ve got so called City fans making up stats to damage Gundogan. Yes, he was pretty anonymous yesterday but he’s had plenty of good games for us too.

Pretty piss poor that we’ve got so called City fans making up stats to damage Gundogan. Yes, he was pretty anonymous yesterday but he’s had plenty of good games for us too.

He's misrepresented the fact, still piss poor though, as he should know from memory we haven't dropped points in 70% of games that Gundo has started at 8.

Gundogan is a great pro, he's perhaps a victim of the curse of being able to function in numerous roles in the team so when it goes wrong for him it can go very wrong.

For me Gundo is best deployed either as a conventional holding mf (i.e 6, Ferna or Rodders) OR as an attacking 10 or false 9 as we have seen him do in CL games to great effect.

The position that he really struggles with is the 7/8 'pivot' where his tendency to slow things down affects the balance of the whole team. KDB & Dave are still the best 2 in that role. I think Foden needs a crack in that role as backup now and hopefully thats something that Pep will get. Pep seems to be very loyal to his reliable players and will take some shifting but maybe he's seen the need for a little bit of a change of emphasiss now.

We had a bad day at the office with 5 key players not available for selection, along with Walker who was ill so lets cut the lads a bit of slack here.

There are a lot of points to play for including home and away agin the dippers so I'm not throwing the towel in just yet.

I don't think he made it up, he got confused with the numbers that, in 70% of the games where we drop points, he is in the team.

That in itself doesn't really tell you that much but if you look at the more important stat that our win percentage of 92% drops to about 63% when he's playing as an attacking midfielder then you can clearly that he makes us a much worse side (at AM).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.