Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, it looks like city will drop more points between now and the liverpool game. Still a long way to go though and they could easily go on a massive winning streak. It just feels different like luck is with us this year.
Does this year mean more than last year ???

It’s not necessarily Liverpool that are a paying referees or the FA off, to win the league.

There’s definitely either a conscious or unconscious bias though.

They do not want us to win it every year as A) we don’t sell as much as Liverpool or Utd and B) it’ll diminish the league as a competition, if Pep wins it from year 2 until he leaves.

We’re 8 games in and Liverpool have a 4 point swing in their favour with decisions already.

I genuinely didn’t moan about decisions half as much last season, I appreciated the human error aspect to refereeing, now any wrong decision that’s blatant, is unforgivable.

Far too sensible a response Bj , you'll be accused of being biased ( with absolutely no sense of irony ) .

It’s not necessarily Liverpool that are a paying referees or the FA off, to win the league.

There’s definitely either a conscious or unconscious bias though.

They do not want us to win it every year as A) we don’t sell as much as Liverpool or Utd and B) it’ll diminish the league as a competition, if Pep wins it from year 2 until he leaves.

We’re 8 games in and Liverpool have a 4 point swing in their favour with decisions already.

I genuinely didn’t moan about decisions half as much last season, I appreciated the human error aspect to refereeing, now any wrong decision that’s blatant, is unforgivable.

Thats a well measured responce, i do agree city have been on the wrong end of decisions this season especially the spurs one which to be fair was ridiculous. But the other games you were poor an didn't deserve anything from them, regardless of liverpool decision.

Thats a well measured responce, i do agree city have been on the wrong end of decisions this season especially the spurs one which to be fair was ridiculous. But the other games you were poor an didn't deserve anything from them, regardless of liverpool decision.

No I completely agree with you there.

We lost 2 points to Spurs and you gained 2 vs Leicester.

I’m not arguing the games in which we lost weren’t deserved, we were poor. Being 8 points behind you is a much tougher ask than 4 though and with us being 4, I’d still have us down as favourites whereas you’re now favourites.

I don’t support City, as I’m sure you don’t support Liverpool, just to see us win trophies and if I can’t take us not winning it again, after winning 5 major trophies in two years, then I should fuck off and support Madrid. It’s so frustrating though to see us have victories taken off us, as Lineker said “never in the history of football has a goal like Jesus’s vs Spurs been ruled out”. Add to that we should have also had a stone wall penalty on Rodri, with the excuse for not giving it being shocking.

You have had your share of luck as you say, Sheff Utd for example and in our Norwich game they literally only attacked us twice and were 2-0 up but
I’m not complaining about that as you make your own luck over 38 games.

Congratulations - the first post I can remember where I agree with you.

We deserved fuck all against Norwich and Wolves .

Anyway before the thread descends to mutual arse-licking and smarminess , can we revert to normal please ?

Having grown up in L20 area of liverpool i can honesty say seens so many false dawns watching the reds since i was a lad, and if im honest this is tge best side ive seen in terms of the prem luck or no luck. Both sides a miles ahead an i just try and enjoybit while it lasts

To be honest, it looks like city will drop more points between now and the liverpool game. Still a long way to go though and they could easily go on a massive winning streak. It just feels different like luck is with us this year.

Luck was with you last year mate - Pickford, Speroni, Lloris and that clown at Fulham whose name I've forgotten. Plus ridiculously offside goal at West Ham. Plus no significant long term injuries.

And that's not even mentioning the, ahem, "soft" penalties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.