United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL!

Not the same squad - what you've mentioned was two seasons ago, conveniently disregarding last season where Mourinho was sacked because he couldn't keep dragging them up after his self-proclaimed 'biggest achievement'. Further to that, a player's ability isn't static - you only have to watch them to see how bad guys like Matic and Mata have become.

He probably is shit, but to think they should be competing for third? Ha - no chance. Not one. The teams mentioned have vastly superior squads to them that their players would struggle to get into.

They have a £90 million pound WC winning central midfield play maker, an £80 million pound England centre half, the best goal keeper in world football and England's number 9 who I'm being constantly told is the fake Ronaldo's second coming...

Fcuk me, you're saying they shouldn't be challaging for top 3, ... they should be challenging for the f"kin league title mate...

Would love to see these scum on the edge of the relegation 3.
We all know that it would never be allowed to happen though. The ‘Powers that be’ cant see their darlings rags in that area.

On the top four discussion; it's a pretty accurate rule of thumb that to get into the top 4 a team needs to average 2 points per game over the season. This is a useful measure even early in the season, and once you slip behind this average it is very difficult to claw it back. In fact if you look at the table right now it bares out the point. United have 13 from 11 games so would need to win the next 9 games to recover to an average of 2. It's simply not going to happen.

I remember the days when a Utd loss would've seen 500 posts on this thread in the following 24 hours. Nobody cares about them anymore
Got to agree we were in Clayton Con club before yesterdays match and when the United game finished there was barely a murmur 5 or 6 years ago a United defeat would have seen the place erupt, they seem to have just dropped off our radar.

Comedy gold....
Calls Ole a Scandinavian Gollum

That is funny as fuck. First time I've got through one of his vids.

'Get in the box and leap like a salmon in the air'

When describing the team as a bunch of clowns...'and we've got Pennywise as the fucking manager'

Dissing Lingard as a shit player, says don't fuck about with clothing lines. 'Be like Rio and do it after you retire. Consummate professional Rio, well, apart from missing the odd drug test, consummate professional.'

No way that guy is a rag. Got to be a pisstake?

Rubbish. You replace him with basically any manager with the same squad and they'd be able to do little with it. He has Jesse fucking Lingard, some rubbish Brazilian that came through their academy, and 45 year old Juan Mata as their attacking midfield options. No manager worth anything could do a job with that kind of 'talent'. As for beating Bournemouth, they were in the top half before this round so not exactly complete mugs.

I'm not saying he's a good manager - he probably isn't at the higher level he's at now. But replacing him with someone else without first addressing the number of deep issue they have in their squad, as a part of a wider structural issue at their club, will do nothing.

This should be on the #SOO thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.