Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it makes Littlewoods the best (FIFA) club in the World.

Honestly? It's the prize money. I've seen figures put out that mean you'd literally take the FIFA world club cup over the Carabao cup.

Sorry never saw it. I grew up watching Liverpool with my old man. Oldham despite the many charms of boundary park was never on the cards.

Embarrassing to count pre season trophies isn't it?

Nothing is embarrassing for the dippers fans - their bar is set at limbo height .

Honestly? It's the prize money. I've seen figures put out that mean you'd literally take the FIFA world club cup over the Carabao cup.

Be about right that, abandon the domestic cups in the country you play for meaningless cup in another country. Bit like someone being born in Oldham and supporting ooooh say the dippers. Oldham not doing well in the 80s then?

Nah, as a fan you don't.

Which match going fan thinks prize money before trophy ffs?

We did the domestic treble last year, if klopp isn't thinking, that is my aim this year then he is half the manager of Pep who wants to win all 3 again plus the champs league.

Tin pot cash cow or real trophies? No brainer to the average fan

Nah, as a fan you don't.

We did the domestic treble last year, if klopp isn't thinking, that is my aim this year then he is half the manager of Pep who wants to win all 3 again plus the champs league.

Dippers fans never get as high as average - they are a definite class below.

Nah, as a fan you don't.

In all honesty if you're asking me. I'm not arsed about either of them.

The games in Qatar are mad. There's a sizeable amount that want the trophy for a variety of reasons. I'd be against us flying all that way for two games which means a league game will need to be rearranged.

As for the league cup it really doesn't matter until the semi final. As bad as it sounds it's a distraction our squad can do without. I've seen us win it a number of times.

If you could pick one trophy. I'm sure most city fans would say the League. Of course you want to win everything, but there's a load of things that can stop that happening

I appreciate Liverpool FC as a footballing team. We now live in an age where any good football team is branded as buying success or not achieving anything despite being a terrific squad. Appreciation of football doesn’t need to come with a discrediting comment. Jürgen Klopp’s brand of heavy metal football is solid and entertaining. There’s a hunger and desire to win at Anfield. City, as Champions of England, travel as underdogs but very much capable of springing a result. This Sunday’s game will be either one hell of a game for one team – or a dull 0-0 draw.

Started writing this then slipped it onto a blog with a few extar words.

https://acton28.blog/2019/11/07/scousemancs/

Stories circulating in August about them not bothering with the domestic cups this season.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jurgen-klopp-told-make-premier-18886715

They were always going to do this. It’s a perfect storm for them - a valid excuse for conveniently going out of the cups and an opportunity to play the victims again, all while whoring themselves in a meaningless vanity competition on the other side of the world.

It's what big clubs do.

They are counting the one they won in pre-season,they want to win more than us in one season,any old trophy will do

Surely having yourselves called the Fourmidables so recently you can empathize.

It’s not often you get the opportunity to wear a golden patch on your shirt for a year saying you have won the Club World Cup. Now that doesn’t make us the best team in the world as we all now that place is reserved for the best side there is, was, or ever will be. You might personally claim to not care for such titles much, but wouldn’t your players, PEP and your owners just love that, not least the worldwide exposure associated with it? If you think that is not the case, the I have some oil fields in Yemen to sell to you. The Thai Cacao Cup can be played in every season.

Also, its great for the fans to play some different teams for a change. So if we can play a Mexican or Asian side in a competition and then meet the CL equivalent from ARG or BR, it’s gonna be awesome for millions of Liverpool and football fans watching worldwide. And you never know, we might not win it lol.

But I am sure Sergio will look back at the last two years of domestic competitions and think, yeah meeting Claude Puels Leceister, scraping past Swansea with more refereeing help than other teams get in a whole season, and stuffing a non league side in a two legged semifinal, those highlights man, can’t imagine anything better than this.

Congrats on the domestic triple btw, lets hope you haven’t peaked early.

Cheers

According to the Independent, scraped by Newsnow , it seems:

1 - Mané has confirmed he dived and

2 - He confirmed he will do it again

Now awaiting FA to confirm charge of bringing game into disrepute

and

An outcry from the press who also reveal that dippers actually practice diving

Pretty sure it will be a long wait though!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.