Michael Oliver to ref Liverpool v City - City lodge complaint

Leaving aside the handball incident - his performance was a good a homer as you could wish. They made double the number of fouls but got 0 yellows, yet we got 2! Plus the constant niggles from them, pushing Sterling and Walker into boardings, the shove on Sterling by Mane which is a free-kick anywhere else on the pitch or in any other stadium. Then there were two ‘fouls’ committed by Sterling when he was actually the one fouled.
It really was if the crowd got to him

Leaving aside the handball incident - his performance was a good a homer as you could wish. They made double the number of fouls but got 0 yellows, yet we got 2! Plus the constant niggles from them, pushing Sterling and Walker into boardings, the shove on Sterling by Mane which is a free-kick anywhere else on the pitch or in any other stadium. Then there were two ‘fouls’ committed by Sterling when he was actually the one fouled.

Good points, This game needed a strong referee, instead we got a weak and coward of a man. Mind you, its not surprising he was given the game. Also, makes you wonder if someone "got" to him.

I counted 4 yellows that they should have had that, roles reversed our players would have had nailed on.

But what its doing (or going to do) is turning fair minded fans away from the beautiful game.
I seriously am considering giving up my ST and its there for all to see ... cheating and corruption on a now alarming scale.

For several years now I've travelled to games on our local SC coach. Before that I drove to all the matches and TBH if I were still firing up and down the M6 on my own I would now be seriously reconsidering whether or not to keep ploughing my money into the coffers of this corrupt game. The craic on the coach and in the pub these days is a big reason for putting up with all this shit and there will no doubt be thousands of fans up and down the country who are becoming just as disillusioned. The PL and UEFA are strangling the life out of the beautiful game with their obvious and clumsy attempts to make sure that their chosen clubs succeed.

For several years now I've travelled to games on our local SC coach. Before that I drove to all the matches and TBH if I were still firing up and down the M6 on my own I would now be seriously reconsidering whether or not to keep ploughing my money into the coffers of this corrupt game. The craic on the coach and in the pub these days is a big reason for putting up with all this shit and there will no doubt be thousands of fans up and down the country who are becoming just as disillusioned. The PL and UEFA are strangling the life out of the beautiful game with their obvious and clumsy attempts to make sure that their chosen clubs succeed.
How very true Bill and I don`t think in the near 60 years of supporting the Blues (including 55 years of watching) that I`ve felt so disillusioned with the game and I`m certainly out of love with it.Never thought I`d hear myself say that,even when we were truly shit,with some wonderful local derbies against Stockport,Macclesfield and Crewe.
It stinks to high heaven of corruption.The fuckers aren`t even trying to hide it nowadays !!

The questions is, would the dippers have been awarded pens for the same incidents we were denied them
... The simple answer is 1000% yes they would have.. Anyone who believes otherwise is a dipper or a Wumming ****...!

Last edited:
The questions is, would the dippers have been awarded pens for the same incidents we were denied them
... The simple answer is 1000% yes they would have.. Anyone who believes otherwise is a dipper or a Wumming ****...!
You only need to refer back to the penalties they received in added time to win their previous 2 home games. 2 iffy pens = 4 more points

Good points, This game needed a strong referee, instead we got a weak and coward of a man. Mind you, its not surprising he was given the game. Also, makes you wonder if someone "got" to him.

The premier league and pgmol got to him thats who - they are in control of the whole affair. How they want games officiated, and I wouldn't be surprised that the way it unravelled yesterday was to stoke up this so-called rivalry between our 2 clubs - hence it makes the premier league a hot selling point

The games between ourselves and them will no longer be just a game - the intensity and everything that has gone on yesterday (how it was reffed etc) before the return leg in April has now set the standard.

Liverpool got away with murder (sorry for the pun) yesterday, countless times they should have been booked but not one yellow card, every VAR incident went there way.

The premier league do not want a dominant club force as it (in their eyes) lowers the brand selling point

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.