#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best performance in a First Team City shirt tonight. Fluid, got some nice runs in, and some important touches to help nick the ball and move it on to stop counter attacks. His through balls were Silva-esque, which is high praise indeed. Had Jesus not scored a hat trick tonight with some high quality goals, Foden would have walked away with MOTM.

Coupled with Garcia and HB, it looks like the Academy has already paid for itself with well over £200M worth of talent in the current squad, let alone what we have already sold on for profit...which is the reason we even made a profit in the last financial year.

I look forward to seeing Doyle added to that small group, and them becoming the nucleus of the next generation.

He’d be one of the first names on the team sheet for a lot of teams in the league.

He’s an exceptional talent and should be above Silva and Gundogan in the pecking order.

I fear that Pep believes he’s not good enough off the ball, though.

Spot on, how will he improve off the ball???? Not difficult, play him! Having said that, I’m sure if Phil was playing week in week out he’d be in the england team and play in the euros and be knackered come next season. So playing the long term game I’m sure he’ll still go to the euros but won’t be knackered so we and england will be the net beneficiaries of his current reduced game time.

Spot on, how will he improve off the ball???? Not difficult, play him! Having said that, I’m sure if Phil was playing week in week out he’d be in the england team and play in the euros and be knackered come next season. So playing the long term game I’m sure he’ll still go to the euros but won’t be knackered so we and england will be the net beneficiaries of his current reduced game time.
I and other blues don't give two fucks about England and there pathetic manager.

Hope Phil plays Sunday for the sake of City, Pep has got to start him hes ready.

I and other blues don't give two fucks about England and there pathetic manager.

Hope Phil plays Sunday for the sake of City, Pep has got to start him hes ready.
You might not give two fucks about England but I imagine Phil does. It’s exciting times for England and for him to be a big part of that would be amazing for him.

Needs to start on Sunday and should have been in the team regularly.

No, I don't think I know better than pep, but I do think all geniuses have blind spots and at the moment, the midfield pecking order of Silva-gundogan-foden is a glaring one.

Simply has to start on Sunday, we need to be on the front foot and Foden allows us to do so. I am not really sure what else he needs to show Pep.

Rodri, KDB and Foden midfield would be ideal.

He was good enough today that not only should he start against Arsenal, questions need to be asked why he hasn't been starting games already. It's been blindingly obvious that we've needed his dynamism and energy in the midfield for *at least* a month now, and he's very clearly up to the task, so what's going on here? He's one of our two best options at the moment.

So if he does start more games from now on it won't be a case of 'City have managed him very well and this was the intended outcome' but 'why wasn't he starting games earlier?'

Fuck me, City can't win with some of you miserable bastards.

great performance

Should be starting in the league regularly at the minute, not because he’s a local City fan but because he’s the best option and offers what we’re lacking - energy

Heh. Foden liking my tweet about playing him more...

Edit - i don't think its a concern, just thought it was notable post a good performance. I don't mind the idea of him feeling a little urgency. If he forces the issue in training that's no bad thing I reckon. He's got a taste for it. Should 100% want more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.