VAR impact and consequence log - game 27

Doesn’t it?
I’m just quoting the Premier League, as it would seem that the assistant obviously thought that Mahrez was offside, as did I at the time.

“Where there is a clear and obvious goalscoring opportunity and the assistant referee is not certain whether the attacker actively involved is in an offside position, the assistant should delay indicating the offence until the phase of play has concluded.

Where there is a clear and obvious goalscoring opportunity and the assistant referee is certain the attacker actively involved is in an offside position, then the assistant should indicate the offence immediately.

In both of these situations the referee should wait to blow the whistle until the immediate phase of play has ended.

Factual offside decisions will be based on the evidence provided by fully calibrated offside lines”.

I didn’t say you shouldn’t have an opinion, I said you shouldn’t pontificate on something you know little about.

Yesterday you could sense during the second VAR review the crowd were getting impatient. In the second half, following the tackle, that you saw as fair, on Foden was greeted by a marked increase in toxicity.
Rational match goers swearing at the top of their voices, shouting angrily at the ref. I turned to my daughter and said it won’t be long before one of these decisions causes some crowd trouble.
That doesn’t mean anyone condones violence or shouldn’t think this is wrong, but that’s the issue.
If you were a match goer you will know how passionate and emotionally charged a crowd can become. In that state not everyone will think rationally and I can easily see it spilling over into violence.

Hopefully I’m past that state because I believe it’s all stage managed and corrupt to the core. Therefore I’ve felt detached from the game played out in front of me for a while. When we score I do a quick ‘Yes’ then sit back down until we kick off. On Friday I didn’t even celebrate Sterling’s goal from the penalty as it was such a farce and by the time it was retaken I couldn’t be arsed.

So, before you try and twist it again, I don’t condone violence and I won’t be joining in with the violence but I sure as hell can tell, mainly because I’m in the middle of it, that it is bubbling up, and it’s thanks to the stupid officiating currently affecting the PL.

I do know about it...I was a season ticket holder for 8 years roughly so i know what its liket o be in a crown that i passionately charged. My last game was the 3-2 palace defeat last Xmas time.
You can hear/sense the toxicity even viewing it on tv/streams. You can sense it on here pre match with the posts about it...i get why people feel angry - the sense of injustice is huge (though I think personally misplaced). I even said it to Karen duing a heated debate i had on here with her after the spurs match that it would spoil her enjoyment of games and by the sounds of it it is for oters

I absolutely get the frustration but its still no excuse for people to be violent as you say youself. I also feel that some people are winding themselves into such a state about it as well that sometimes it goes beyond the rational....there are claims of cheating even before the ball is kicked in most pre match threads

I am not condoning violence. I am saying that where previously there was no violence and then something has been introduced that causes more people / morons to be violent then remove it, ban it, stop it. But don't expect fans to "behave" as if it is magic

I agree that it needs to be looked at

1. The rules - ie handball, what constitutes a foul these days and offside....all are so fucked up that with or without VAR there is no consistency and most fans are confused (hence the resentment/anger in some small part)

2. The protocols made clearer and easier to follow for all.

3. What is shown/is not shown on the screens?

4. Ref's given more icense to check the pitch side monitors (though this will elad to more delays but I guess that more fans will be happy with this if they are showing true scrutiny of incidents)

What needs to be looked at are the financial records of every official and their entire organisation. Everything. VAR isn't the problem its the corrupt *wats in charge who are the problem. Blaming VAR is like blaming the dog for shitting on the carpet when its been scratching the back door for ten minutes while you watch.

What needs to be looked at are the financial records of every official and their entire organisation. Everything. VAR isn't the problem its the corrupt *wats in charge who are the problem. Blaming VAR is like blaming the dog for shitting on the carpet when its been scratching the back door for ten minutes while you watch.

the missing point is no official gets criticised for a mistake in the Dippers favour. Send Mane off for a king fu kick to the boat race & requiring a stretcher, oxygen & more stitch work than the Technicolor dream coat & you’ll hear about if for years.

We have professional gamblers, sports betting owners as chairmen of football clubs.........what do we expect to happen in games?

Add in agents whose only job in life is to make money, any way they can and thousands of journeymen players for whom its a job, a means to an end and a short career in which they have to make as much as they can, whilst they can and its rife.

All in a league with a strategic business plan that very openly states certain clubs at the top and winning is essential to its continued success with new winners every few years and a PiGMOB of hand picked officials answerable only to them.

On another point, but for all its "achievements", when will "Kick it Out", ask the question, where's the racial diversity in EPL officials, in fact officials period?

VAR should remain but for two aspects only:

1. When the pitch-officials aren’t sure whether a challenge is a red card or not;

2. When the pitch-officials aren’t sure whether a challenge in the box is a penalty or not.

And only when they aren’t sure. If they’re confident they know what they’ve seen they should just make their own decision. If they were miles away from the incident, or players got in their view of it, or they just aren’t sure, then they go to VAR for the above two examples only.

VAR should not check every incident. Only the ones the pitch-officials say “I’ve not had a good enough view of that, I need you to view the replays”.

I think there are too many intricate variables in goals that benefit the defending team only and rob attacking teams of perfectly good goals (Sterling v West Ham, Sterling v Chelsea).

Plus the biggest thing is taking the pure elation away from that moment when the ball hits the net. That’s the best thing about football and football is dead without it.

City were the last champions of when football was good, that Kompany goal was the last great goal of real football.

Is that going to be consigned to history now and this new sport being what we will be stuck with ongoing? Or can we get our sport back?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.