VAR impact and consequence log - game 27

I swear I saw Mariner look defeated when the second goal was given the okay by VAR. His shoulders slumped and looked down to the ground. It was weird.

So cause i cant attend games i shouldnt have an opinion....

Im not saying people shouldnt be angry - thats a normal human emotion and to suggest something like that would be impossible and ridiculous...but everybody has to take individual resposnibility for their choice of behaviour - its always a choice....

And just for your info -I used to be a season ticket holder in the 1980's at Maine Road firstl as a kid in the Kippax and secondly in the north stand (I was 10 years old when it kicked off in the north stand just below me at the start of the 5-1 win over utd)

Anyone that condones violence for any reason is the real problem.

It seems strange that you cannot handle this opinion
I didn’t say you shouldn’t have an opinion, I said you shouldn’t pontificate on something you know little about.

Yesterday you could sense during the second VAR review the crowd were getting impatient. In the second half, following the tackle, that you saw as fair, on Foden was greeted by a marked increase in toxicity.
Rational match goers swearing at the top of their voices, shouting angrily at the ref. I turned to my daughter and said it won’t be long before one of these decisions causes some crowd trouble.
That doesn’t mean anyone condones violence or shouldn’t think this is wrong, but that’s the issue.
If you were a match goer you will know how passionate and emotionally charged a crowd can become. In that state not everyone will think rationally and I can easily see it spilling over into violence.

Hopefully I’m past that state because I believe it’s all stage managed and corrupt to the core. Therefore I’ve felt detached from the game played out in front of me for a while. When we score I do a quick ‘Yes’ then sit back down until we kick off. On Friday I didn’t even celebrate Sterling’s goal from the penalty as it was such a farce and by the time it was retaken I couldn’t be arsed.

So, before you try and twist it again, I don’t condone violence and I won’t be joining in with the violence but I sure as hell can tell, mainly because I’m in the middle of it, that it is bubbling up, and it’s thanks to the stupid officiating currently affecting the PL.

Last edited:
No he shouldn't... because it was a goal-scoring opportunity, they're meant to let play continue until said opportunity has passed. Then, if there's a goal/penalty/red card, they can determine if the linesman was correct or not. Had we gone through and scored, they would have given the goal.

They followed the procedure correctly. The main issue is the lack of communication to the fans within the stadium regarding the situation.
The liner isn't meant to flag though when it's a tight call but that isn't happening. Whole situation is farcical

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.