Real Madrid - CL R16 - 2nd Leg (at the Etihad) - Price details

I was near the back for Port Vale and didn’t like it at all. Wouldn’t be for me that every week.

I think if you're used to watching the game tactically from high up it's a shock to the system, even at the back of the bottom tier. It's just a bunch of blokes running around. You can't really assess the game properly. I feel the same at Wembley from their bottom tier. I know that some people prefer the spectacle of being closer but I hate it after all these years watching from high up. Even at MR I sat in the back half of the Main Stand, block H.

I think if you're used to watching the game tactically from high up it's a shock to the system, even at the back of the bottom tier. It's just a bunch of blokes running around. You can't really assess the game properly. I feel the same at Wembley from their bottom tier. I know that some people prefer the spectacle of being closer but I hate it after all these years watching from high up. Even at MR I sat in the back half of the Main Stand, block H.

Totally agree. I can see the runs being made and tactical positioning etc from level 2 and 3 but like you say, just a load of running around at level 1, albeit it does show how little time they get on the ball at this level. I’m not sure why people choose to be that low and those that sit right behind the goal I would imagine it’s even worse due to the view through the net.

Totally agree. I can see the runs being made and tactical positioning etc from level 2 and 3 but like you say, just a load of running around at level 1, albeit it does show how little time they get on the ball at this level. I’m not sure why people choose to be that low and those that sit right behind the goal I would imagine it’s even worse due to the view through the net.

I was talking to my dad about this. If I was a manager I’d sit in the stand and send messages by phone to the staff on the bench.

I actually remember John Bond used to do this. He broke his leg once leaping over the main stand tunnel at half time. I bet nobody remembers that!

I've been sat 10 rows back in 105 since the 'new' stadium opened so I'm used to it. There was a family relocated next to me from EL3 (CL closed on the night) recently and they couldn't cope at all. In the end I told them to just watch it on the screens, which at least stopped them moaning.

I was talking to my dad about this. If I was a manager I’d sit in the stand and send messages by phone to the staff on the bench.

I actually remember John Bond used to do this. He broke his leg once leaping over the main stand tunnel at half time. I bet nobody remembers that!
Done a few stadium tours and pitch side can hardly see the lines on the other side.Makes me laugh when managers appeal for offsides corners etc they can’ t have any idea from the touchline

one of my best mates is a rag
he dunt go anymore like most of them ,but during the 80's when he did,he used to say the stretford end was the best place to watch/view a game
i c unt believe it and laughed my arse off at him,he was always adamant about it
so i said in the kippax along the side of the pitch low or high it was so much better,he still wunt have it
so i said
why do the tv companies place their main camera at the top on or near the half way line for live games or highlights?
no reply

It's not nothing, which is one of the few things I'll say in their support over this. We lost £28m before transfer profits in 2019 and we're charged by ADUG to be self-financing.
But we'll make far more money by getting to the QF and beyond and there's no doubt (because Vinny said so in his MBA dissertation) that a full crowd who are really up for it will make a positive difference to our chances of doing that.
Charging relatively high ticket prices is not going to make a blind bit of difference when it comes to balancing the books.
The club should take the approach of making it affordable to fill the stadium. This creates a better atmosphere and spectacle which would attract more commercial deals.
If only we had fan representatives who could raise these issues with the club

The issue as I see it is the atmosphere just isn't the same at CL games. To get City fans to buy into this competition it needs most of the same fans as go to PL games and I think a different approach is needed.

My sc was £790 (I think) this season, which is £41.58 /game. If we get to the semi final and charge the same rate for the next 2 rounds as the R16 game, the average price of a seat has been £36.25 in the CL competition. If they offered me a 19-game PL + 6-game CL season ticket at £970 I'd probably snap their hands off and I bet you'd get more regulars going. Of course they would need to credit any knockout games we don't get through to back towards the following seasons costs.

Looking at the prices again, they're probably about right BUT it stings just after Christmas and when still in two other cups and a potential Wembley visit or three. If the cost is spread, it won't hurt as much.

There hasn’t been anything wrong with the atmosphere once the knockout football gets underway in the CL, Barca, Monaco, PSG, Liverpool, Spurs were all electric with that spurs game last year one of the best atmospheres I’ve been in.

It was against Norwich in the cup think we beat them six nil I remember him falling didn't think he broke his leg though.

The view through the net went 100% worse when they changed from black to white nets

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.