Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a quick look. It's incredible. Why are they so bitter? Because they never won a league title for fifty years perhaps? Just another football club.
All clubs have their dark history, and no club is ‘better’ than any other. To fail to realise this, is to fail to understand what really matters about supporting a club.

Certainly that is Peter Robinson’s version and by extension, I presume, the club’s. Nowhere in that article does it acknowledge the causal link between the tragedy and the truculence of a significant number of Liverpool fans. I know a little about this event and some of the points he raises are worthwhile, in terms of ticketing and the state of the stadium, both of which were sub-standard by the standards of the time; however, for me, that is all lost in a fog of denial.

I wonder what the purpose of that article was, when it was published in 2013. I’ll wager the club will have been behind it.
I find this very strange

"An independent inquiry in Belgium found that Liverpool was in no way to blame. The main blame lay with the Belgian FA and security.
“In the end English clubs were banned from Europe for six years and we one year longer"

So why the ban if Liverpool was in no way to blame?

I find this very strange

"An independent inquiry in Belgium found that Liverpool was in no way to blame. The main blame lay with the Belgian FA and security.
“In the end English clubs were banned from Europe for six years and we one year longer"

So why the ban if Liverpool was in no way to blame?
It’s a very carefully worded statement from start to finish, which raised my suspicions about the motive behind it.

Certainly that is Peter Robinson’s version and by extension, I presume, the club’s. Nowhere in that article does it acknowledge the causal link between the tragedy and the truculence of a significant number of Liverpool fans. I know a little about this event and some of the points he raises are worthwhile, in terms of ticketing and the state of the stadium, both of which were below-par by the standards of the time; however, for me, that is all lost in a fog of denial.

I wonder what the purpose of that article was, when it was published in 2013. I’ll wager the club will have been behind it.
And another thing why did all english clubs get a ban I have never got a answer about that.

And another thing why did all english clubs get a ban I have never got a answer about that.
That was inevitable. Heysel didn’t occur in a vacuum. This followed on from over a decade of English supporters terrorising Europe, to paraphrase Big Mal. It was the right decision to ban all English clubs imo.

That will have simply been prudence on his part. That part of the article displays a sense of someone doing his job well tbf.
Not looking for esrly excuses for absolving blame?

I wonder if a solicitor ran through the article
A little bit of humility and humanity would not have gone amiss.

Not looking for esrly excuses for absolving blame?

I wonder if a solicitor ran through the article
A little bit of humility and humanity would not have gone amiss.
I can’t answer your first question with any certainty, but he seems the calculating type and wouldn’t be the first person to think in this way. Far from it.

Without doubt. I’ve previously posted about believing the club were behind it.

The article read very cold and calculating to me.

Noticed a comment on one of the Heysel threads on RAWK which says “Could easily have been 39 Liverpool fans.”

Not sure what that poster is trying to say with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.