The state of the gardens - another police incident

Manchester in time will become like London, stabbings daily and not a place for people to go at any time. This isn't the fault of the homeless or the poor but the planning of it and the no policing of it. Society has changed and if you take a long hard look at Manchester it now caters heavily for teenagers and youths.

Out of interest, in 2019 London had about 100 stabbings. The population of London is 8.9m. So, obviously that’s one stabbing for every 89,000 head of population.

In the same period, in Manchester there were 22 stabbings as I understand it. The population of Manchester is 500,000, so that’s one stabbing for every 28,000 head of population.

You’re about three times as likely to be stabbed in Manchester as in London.

Did you feel unsafe this morning?

Knife crime is a real problem but when the tabloids tell you there’s another stabbing every day, take it with a pinch of salt.

Knife crime is a real problem but when the tabloids tell you there’s another stabbing every day, take it with a pinch of salt.

9 knife crimes a day just in Manchester alone, so more than just every day.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...s/knife-crime-gmp-figures-statistics-17101423

Gangs are rife in London it's well documented and it isn't worth playing it down, it needs commenting on all the time because it's a huge problem.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-50745786

Gangs are rife in population centres. Bristol and Sheffield have them too

Of course they do but London has more, in fact the problem is probably spreading from there. The number of teenagers stabbed and killed in London is at an 11 year high, I'm not going to play that down in fact it needs highlighting.
Saying there are gangs everywhere wont solve the problem bud.

Of course they do but London has more, in fact the problem is probably spreading from there. The number of teenagers stabbed and killed in London is at an 11 year high, I'm not going to play that down in fact it needs highlighting.
Saying there are gangs everywhere wont solve the problem bud.

Of course London has more gangs. It also has more people who aren’t in gangs. It has more pubs, it has more churches. It’s bigger. It has more of everything.

You started out by saying Manchester was getting like London. Actually it’s already much worse. Playing down the problem isn’t sensible, but overhyping it isn’t either.

Of course London has more gangs. It also has more people who aren’t in gangs. It has more pubs, it has more churches. It’s bigger. It has more of everything.

You started out by saying Manchester was getting like London. Actually it’s already much worse. Playing down the problem isn’t sensible, but overhyping it isn’t either.

It isn't much worse you're not reading the articles I have posted, I'm not interesting in arguing bud but ALL the news outlets put London as a shithole gang wise.

Out of interest, in 2019 London had about 100 stabbings. The population of London is 8.9m. So, obviously that’s one stabbing for every 89,000 head of population.

In the same period, in Manchester there were 22 stabbings as I understand it. The population of Manchester is 500,000, so that’s one stabbing for every 28,000 head of population.

You’re about three times as likely to be stabbed in Manchester as in London.

Did you feel unsafe this morning?

I think you are confusing Manchester with Greater Manchester here Chris.
And GM has a population of approx. 2.7 million. I think that puts thinks in a better perspective.
All of GM is policed by one force which is GMP.
Just as London is policed by one force which is the MET.(Apart from The City of London which has it's own independent force).

I think you are confusing Manchester with Greater Manchester here Chris.
And GM has a population of approx. 2.7 million. I think that puts thinks in a better perspective.
All of GM is policed by one force which is GMP.
Just as London is policed by one force which is the MET.(Apart from The City of London which has it's own independent force).

Not sure I am. I can’t find the link I got the figure of 22 stabbings from, but according to this article https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ghtening-rise-knife-crime-manchester-16539059
there were 125 stabbings across Greater Manchester in 2018/19

From a population of 2.7m that’s one every 21,000 people. That’s not far off the ratio for Manchester as a whole for 2019

Not sure I am. I can’t find the link I got the figure of 22 stabbings from, but according to this article https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ghtening-rise-knife-crime-manchester-16539059

From a population of 2.7m that’s one every 21,000 people. That’s not far off the ratio for Manchester as a whole for 2019

Are we talking about fatal stabbings?

There's a lot of non-fatal ones in London... Some are nothing more than a awkward thrust..... Bit like what happened on Medlock

Chris, the GMP figures are stabbings,which are not the same as the Met figures which are deaths caused by stabbing. I know for years and years throughout the 80s/90s the UK homicide rate was about 700 per annum (when the population was around 56 million). Which was roughly around 1 homicide per 100,000 head of population.
Although we get a lot of scare stories about knife crime and violent incidents,I think that the homicide rate is about the same,especially when you consider the population increase to around 66 million.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.