Crystal Palace (H) - Post Match

Can't Garcia be the CB or do we have to splash £60m+ on a new defender, I'm just throwing it out there coz I want the young guys to get a chance.
I'd love to see Garcia given a chance now. The title's gone and, barring a calamitous fuck up, we should be able to amass enough points (even playing Eric) to secure the CL spot for next season. At least, give him a few runouts against "lesser" teams (the likes of Norwich, Newcastle, Palace, you know!).

I'd love to see Garcia given a chance now. The title's gone and, barring a calamitous fuck up, we should be able to amass enough points (even playing Eric) to secure the CL spot for next season. At least, give him a few runouts against "lesser" teams (the likes of Norwich, Newcastle, Palace, you know!).

could he really be any worse than the other two alternatives? I’d say not.

I think the major reason why I'm still feeling so lousy about that result is that the great man did everything he could to give us the three points — just as he did everything he could to give us the title at 93:20 — and the team still found a way to fuck up and throw two points away.
In the general order of things it doesn't matter a damn. We are not going to win the title, and that has been the case for weeks. We are going to be in top four. It's just because of who was involved in those last few minutes and how utterly chuffed he looked at what he thought he'd done.

Give Garcia a run we've got nothing to lose, at least he'll put the effort in too try and win his place in the team, Stones has had is chance it's time to move on

Can't Garcia be the CB or do we have to splash £60m+ on a new defender, I'm just throwing it out there coz I want the young guys to get a chance.

I don't think he is the answer at this point. He's got great potential but he's not and is never going to be a beast of a player, which is what I think we need i.e. someone big (aerially dominant), fast, aggressive - a stopper first who puts his body on the line but one who is not embarrassed in a rondo - it's a tall order but what I think this team needs right here, right now.

So you don't think Txiki should be asking Pep "What are you going to do about this defence Pep?. It's not good"?

I'd expect a DoF to ask that, whether or not the coach was his mate or he'd won 3 trophies last season. Now I'd also expect part of the answer to be something like "Well my best centre back is injured and my two others aren't really reliable enough. I need another 2 by next season". But the simple and unanswerable fact is that we've clawed back a deficit twice now then failed to stop mediocre opposition from scoring almost straight away. As a DoF I'd be asking the question why.
I agree defensive questions should and no doubt have been asked but we could quite easily accommodate our erring defence if we managed to score more goals from the many goal attempts we generate.
Most of our shots do not even hit the target let alone test the goalie perhaps indicating our attack is just as careless as the defence.

If attack or defence improved in suspect areas we would win tight games. If both improved we would win every game.

Good, he's useless, cost us both goals today. We'd be better off playing Josh Stone!
BOLLOCKS are you a liverpool mole? Stones was not at fault for either, he got beat in the air at a corner not surprising as we are the smallest team in the league that some on here want to reduce even more, and it was De Bruyne who did not come out to catch 3 CP players off side, as for the second he was out paced by Zaha but he did not score the own goal, City`s defense was okay we were just very unlucky Cancelo was actually very good until the subs confused the team

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.