Crystal Palace (H) - Post Match

Fucking hell.

You know a few names of highers ups and have a bit of insight, it doesn't preclude you from posting utter nonsense.
So you don't think Txiki should be asking Pep "What are you going to do about this defence Pep?. It's not good"?

I'd expect a DoF to ask that, whether or not the coach was his mate or he'd won 3 trophies last season. Now I'd also expect part of the answer to be something like "Well my best centre back is injured and my two others aren't really reliable enough. I need another 2 by next season". But the simple and unanswerable fact is that we've clawed back a deficit twice now then failed to stop mediocre opposition from scoring almost straight away. As a DoF I'd be asking the question why.

Bad day (again) at the office. We did well to be winning . Something is wrong though, it's not drive or hard work, seems to be belief.

Belief in Stones, belief in ourselves, belief that we are THE best. Which we are. We just don't have that confidence at the moment.

I hope pep is using this time to prepare for next season.

There is no need to play the lineup he played to accomplish any of that. Today’s performance is not some clever pathway to the CL. Enough mindless defending of these choices, which he’s made time and again all season long. It is ok to say he’s wrong.

For sure. It’s also ok to say it’s not the end of the world, and we are still on track to achieve some success this season

Yep. I was impressed by their goalie. Very quick and brave , especially in the first half, to narrow down the angle and take a hit.

yeah I agree with you, in order to clear his lines and get absolutely precision on his kicks, he needed lots of preparation time all game. To think some thought he was just wasting time, shame on you.

yeah I agree mate, we've already thrown away 7 points against Wolves, Newcastle and Palace, these are the games tests we needed before RM and I'm afraid we failed miserably with a poor defensive showing.
But don't you think that against Madrid we won't be doing the 'don't waste any energy thing' like we do against some lesser teams ? Playing within our capability isn't one of our strengths. We'll be looking to take our game to its limit - busting a gut defending - busting a gut attacking - busting a gut in between. And if that's not good enough, so be it, but in my opinion we'll be formidable against Madrid.

No Sterling or Gundogan at Villa last week,a sweet performance and 6 in the onion bag, picked today and..........work it out for yourselves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.