Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

At least the BBC has its priorities right as on its main page in the 'More top stories' section, just below the three main headline news articles, a link to a story about Igloo saving up his pocket money to watch manyoo when he was a kid takes centre stage.

Last season huge amounts were lost in Far East betting syndicates when we won the title - Liverpool were heavily backed. There are billions at stake for Liverpool to win this year - lives will be lost if the dippers don't win it this year. I'm sure significant pressure is being applied in the right areas. As sooner as Liverpool win it the league will be suspended.
All bets void surely?

As expected, some clubs were already planning on not playing or had no intention of playing this weekend:

I know what you mean. Shelves cleared here too. That’s where the social disapproval comes in.
They’re being called out on social
media and the news and every second program I’ve watched tonight.

Shops have to limit people. They will stamp their feet, shout and try and bully to get what they want, fuck them. Get two burly security guards to hurl them out and sell them nothing.

"There was now a multitude... who practiced without having received the slightest tincture of medical science - and, being in ignorance... failed to apply the proper remedies."

"[Others] maintained, that to drink freely, frequent places of public resort, and take their pleasure with... revel, sparing to satisfy no appetite, and to laugh and mock at no event, was the remedy for so great an evil." "Not all died, neither did all escape."

Boccaccio in The Decameron (1353). Funny, you could apply this to the Premier League's handling of the COVID-19 situation.
A Boccaccio quotation on Bluemoon, my life is replete.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.