Season ticket payments - refunds/credits due by June 19th

I was just agreeing that we’ve probably seen our last live game of this season (as scheduled).

I have asked a question of Phantom Blue because he often given examples of struggling people paying for a family of season card holders. It is tough times and the club have asked people who are really struggling with DD payments to contact them. I want to know if he is quoting from his own personal
Circumstances or lack if he is just trying to strengthen his argument against the Club

but I’ve noticed that there are a lot of Cmuns struggling with cashflow who are asking their players to take wage deferrals

I have two mate, also I'm aware friends (Blues) are struggling and was observing some of the post on here too which kinda makes you want to defend them, especially when other posters were coming on having a pop.

Perhaps a better solution would be to approach seasoncard holders and ask them what they want to do? I am very lucky, I can afford three season cards so would carry on paying for mine, my grown up daughter and the lad. But I think that it would be entirely appropriate for the club to check who is in the same position and for those that aren't, postpone the DD until the season restarts or refund money to those that have paid if it gets cancelled. Wouldn't be that hard to administer this. As a side note, when football restarts grounds will be packed to the rafters, social isolation will engender a desire to get out and about, seasoncard waiting lists will grow like nobody's business and the clubs will be well aware of this.

Many of you have called for casual agency staff to be paid whilst refusing to pay City what you owe them. You can’t have it both ways.
They have called for casual staff to be paid because these are financially, extremely difficult times for some people. I'd have thought this was obvious.

Err, as of this present time they owe me about 200 quid until the games are played. If I pay amazon £650 for 19 books but I only get 13 of them would you say they owe me.
Exactly mate. I've been refunded for a couple of gigs that have been cancelled. I hadn't received what I had pay for, so they gave me my money back. The difference is with City, some people struggle to differentiate between the club and the businessmen employed to maximise profit. They're like petulant kids, they just cannot accept a single negative word said when City are concerned.
"Sane had an off game today " "no he didn't"
"It's getting a bit pricey to take the kids to City nowadays" "No it isn't"
"The pies are a bit dry at City" "No they're not"
"We're experiencing an international pandemic, many people are facing financial difficulties and, if fans are not going to be able to attend the matches they've paid for, they should be reimbursed for them" "No they shouldn't, don't slag off the club"

Exactly mate. I've been refunded for a couple of gigs that have been cancelled. I hadn't received what I had pay for, so they gave me my money back. The difference is with City, some people struggle to differentiate between the club and the businessmen employed to maximise profit. They're like petulant kids, they just cannot accept a single negative word said when City are concerned.
"We're experiencing an international pandemic, many people are facing financial difficulties and, if fans are not going to be able to attend the matches they've paid for, they should be reimbursed for them" "No they shouldn't, don't slag off the club"

Gigs are one off events. Season cards are more complex. I’d assume that City will refund anyone that has bought for the remaining matches individually. Similar to you getting your money back for the gigs cancelled.

The season hasn’t been cancelled as of yet, so all the games are technically postponed at this stage. Did you demand your money back for the Arsenal game when that was postponed? It’s the same position now with that game.

We all know that the season is likely finished, with a small chance of it being played behind closed doors in about November. However, the league hasn’t officially been cancelled, so it would be carnage for City if they refunded everybody their remaining season ticket money and by some miracle the season restarted.

With all that being said, I would really hope that if the remaining £20-500 (no idea what the highest number may be) due to be taken out was critically important to that seasoncard holder, and they made City aware of it, that they would refund them of that money.

Perhaps a better solution would be to approach seasoncard holders and ask them what they want to do? I am very lucky, I can afford three season cards so would carry on paying for mine, my grown up daughter and the lad. But I think that it would be entirely appropriate for the club to check who is in the same position and for those that aren't, postpone the DD until the season restarts or refund money to those that have paid if it gets cancelled. Wouldn't be that hard to administer this. As a side note, when football restarts grounds will be packed to the rafters, social isolation will engender a desire to get out and about, seasoncard waiting lists will grow like nobody's business and the clubs will be well aware of this.

On your last point it may be difficult to say about the situation post isolation.

1) Some may have lost interest a bit more than usual (when have we ever went this long without football - we have never had a break of this length). Already been talk on here of some with financial difficulties and some sick of VAR

2) a sports stadium will be not the more desirable place to be post a viral pandemic. Nothing like a cough down your neck to keep you warm in the south stand in December.

This is what Utd are offering - credits towards next season’s season card. It seems pretty fair.

I imagine All clubs will do this if season cancelled.
People who are worried about the direct debit coming out, it's easy! Cancel it now. I'm sure they won't chase you currently.

Had a call from City yesterday but missed it. They left a voicemail asking if everything is OK and to call them if I have any concerns. They are probably working their way through the ST list. Patience needed me thinks. We are a very special club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.