COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you’re not understanding the concept of exponential growth.

The number of deaths is doubling every 3 days. No one expects the lockdown to have much of an effect for another fortnight. By then it could be 50,000 deaths.

Come back then and put it in perspective.

Sorry but what do you want everyone to do now ? Keep posting how shocking and horrific everything is , post harrowing graphs, fake twitter links and dodgy websites showing dead body’s being carried out of care homes etc ?

everyone understands the scale of what is happening here, we get the death toll will rise dramatically the next few weeks - it’s why we’re all isolated and doing the best we can. We don’t need the harrowing stories constantly and anyone showing a hint of positivity getting drowned out.

In a video posted on Twitter on Wednesday evening, Mr Johnson said it was a "sad, sad day" and the UK needs to "massively ramp up" testing for coronavirus.

"It's crucial people who do have the disease are able to be tested positive and to take the necessary steps to isolate at home in the way that I am doing and many many others are doing," he said.

On testing, Prof Doyle said that 10,000 tests are now being carried out every day and the aim is to get to 25,000 tests by mid-April

The Army will help move samples and swabs around the country "as quickly as possible". the letter said.

The government has blamed a global lack of reagents needed to carry out tests, although the British chemical industry said there were no shortages.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...vid-19-in-uk-bringing-total-to-2-352-11966771

Sorry but what do you want everyone to do now ? Keep posting how shocking and horrific everything is , post harrowing graphs, fake twitter links and dodgy websites showing dead body’s being carried out of care homes etc ?

everyone understands the scale of what is happening here, we get the death toll will rise dramatically the next few weeks - it’s why we’re all isolated and doing the best we can. We don’t need the harrowing stories constantly and anyone showing a hint of positivity getting drowned out.

Great post hammer

Make use of the ignore button. If everyone’s posts of people I now have on ignore on this thread were taken away it would be about 10 pages long and mainly me talking to myself

Make use of the ignore button. If everyone’s posts of people I now have on ignore on this thread we’re taken away it would be about 10 pages long and mainly me talking to myself
You can’t just keep putting people on ignore because you don’t like what they are saying. Some are looking at worst case scenarios, some best and others somewhere in the middle.
This shit is real and people will react as they see fit under unprecedented circumstances.

I think posting that 40,000 people dying isn’t that bad doesn’t help either.

You can’t just keep putting people on ignore because you don’t like what they are saying. Some are looking at worst case scenarios, some best and others somewhere in the middle.
This shit is real and people will react as they see fit under unprecedented circumstances.
Thanks for telling me what I can and can’t do. I put people on ignore because most of what they say isn’t very constructive, a bit like your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.