COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we please get things into perspective this thread is becoming
real scaremongering we have had 2,400 deaths approximately out of 66 million people who live in the uk even if it hits 40,000 it’s still a relatively small number and very unlikely anyone on here will die with it or very few at least. All you can do is follow all the precautions and try your best to keep you and your loved ones as safe as possible

It's been a bloody awful day and we're now paying for poor decisions and poor choices made by the government and the public early on. Things like the Cheltenham festival going ahead and then the public choosing to go to it should weigh heavily upon them.

Feels like the country is drowning.

We need testing. So much more testing. Only way we get these numbers down. NHS need so much more PPE as well.

We're not drowning. We're enduring something that was all but inevitable. We don't know what happens from here, and we don't know for sure if stopping Cheltenham or anything could actually have proven worse in the long run. Faith in the govt has understandably slipped but the most important thing might be that the vast, vast majority of us are really pulling out the stops with regard to social distancing, reducing risky behaviour, hygeine, and other measures. We're all wanting the best.

People need to look at each other and be proud. I am. I think it's amazing how I looked out of my window tonight, and for the first time ever, the main road is completely dead tonight. How no-one even came close to breaking 1.5 metres when I last went to the supermarket. How my neighbours upped their game and started taking care of their shit. My young friend is just one of so many who took brilliant care of her elderly neighbours. Every day more and more people who didn't understand what was at stake before are getting the idea. The restrictions are a massive ask of everyone, and I'm really amazed how well it has gone.

We're not drowning. We're enduring something that was all but inevitable. We don't know what happens from here, and we don't know for sure if stopping Cheltenham or anything could actually have proven worse in the long run. Faith in the govt has understandably slipped but the most important thing might be that the vast, vast majority of us are really pulling out the stops with regard to social distancing, reducing risky behaviour, hygeine, and other measures. We're all wanting the best.

People need to look at each other and be proud. I am. I think it's amazing how I looked out of my window tonight, and for the first time ever, the main road is completely dead tonight. How no-one even came close to breaking 1.5 metres when I last went to the supermarket. How my neighbours upped their game and started taking care of their shit. My young friend is just one of so many who took brilliant care of her elderly neighbours. Every day more and more people who didn't understand what was at stake before are getting the idea. The restrictions are a massive ask of everyone, and I'm really amazed how well it has gone.
Good positive post mate.

Where I work we're putting emergency packages together for people in dire need and the numbers are ridiculous and rising. It's just been a rough day and then seeing those figures towards the end of it is enough to knock the stuffing out of anyone.

Agree about the supermarkets I have noticed distancing come into play a lot more and I think it has a lot to do with the staff enforcing it in the queues outside.

Don't 100% agree about the people out and about though. Rush hour seemed ridiculously busy near me tonight and there was a queue in a takeaway near work that seemed far too large.

Appreciate the positive post though, good to see that there is still the majority doing decent out there.

Can’t agree with the traffic part counted 8 cars on the m60 at 7pm tonight people are realising the severity and MOST are acting responsibly in my opinion

I have concerns, in terms of deaths
We rise as so and slow as so
200 400 500 600 800 900, 800 600 500 400 200
At 200 we go into lockdown, then what happens at 200 on the down slope.
What’s the plan after lockdown and we’re back where we were a week a go. I’m aware some have immunity etc, but if we go lockdown at 200 on the up slope, how can we come out at 200 on the down slope.
Because there will be fewer people with the virus to spread it as either they have had it and recovered or unfortunately passed away.

The 30 ventilators and now this....

I don't think testing was a high priority for our plan,total fuck up

Public Health England are coming out of this looking completely incompetent. Oxford University went to the press today to say that they have 150 PCR machines and hundreds of post-grad students and researchers trained to use them who could be doing testing, but PHE never replied to their offer.

Also Karen, testing was always a high priority, we just had a low capacity.

Can we please get things into perspective this thread is becoming
real scaremongering we have had 2,400 deaths approximately out of 66 million people who live in the uk even if it hits 40,000 it’s still a relatively small number and very unlikely anyone on here will die with it or very few at least. All you can do is follow all the precautions and try your best to keep you and your loved ones as safe as possible
I think people love to scaremonger, they must get a real kick out of it. Can I ask if all the expert virologists and government policy makers on here were also GDPR experts last year

Out of this terrible virus a lot of good will come out of it, before it no body knew there neighbours names etc I can now sense real community spirit, the nhs has been highlighted just how run down it truly was hopefully the government will never let it get in that state again. and sometimes it takes something like this to make you realise just how much our love ones mean to us life is fragile let them know more often what they mean to you i for one have been guilty of this

Public Health England are coming out of this looking completely incompetent. Oxford University went to the press today to say that they have 150 PCR machines and hundreds of post-grad students and researchers trained to use them who could be doing testing, but PHE never replied to their offer.

Also Karen, testing was always a high priority, we just had a low capacity.
We were told over a month ago to test test test,italy have begged us to test,we are now testing only hospital patients and so far 3,000 nhs staff this last week,1 in 5 drs and 1 in 4 nurses self isolating and can't get tested to see if they can go back to work,that is some plan,meanwhile celebs are buying tests privately....

Anyone else see the clip on Sky last night on the Naples hospital - first time I’ve seen such a meticulous procedure executed in depth compared to other scenes around other hospitals in the world. They’ve used the time wisely and learned a lot from their poor compatriots up north.

Went on to go and show inside footage in a Brooklyn hospital and it looked like a scene from a third world country in comparison. Target has got to be getting all frontliners into these suits using similar procedures, going to be difficult in field hospitals I can imagine.
https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...l-where-no-medics-have-been-infected-11966344
I watched this from NY after watching your clip on Naples. Sadly you'd expect that poor Dr isn't far from catching the virus herself and evbveryone else in that hospital. Everything just looked and sounded so utterly vulnerable.

health/2020/03/30/coronavirus-covid-19-new-york-city-hospital-marquez-newday-vpx.cnn

(Couldn't link the video but if you cut and paste into a google search you'll see. Sorry. )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.