COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america

this is a real time unladed model for the US. it's the one they refer to in the whitehouse briefings.
Somethings up with that, I looked at that data last week and I imagine I would have remembered if it projected the UK with 60,000 deaths, 3/4 of the US total. There are notes saying EU countries were updated over the weekend. It projects us with a peak of 3,000 deaths per day. The range for estimates for total deaths is from 55,000 up? I'm pessimistic, but I really don't know about that.

If you look at the prediction graphs, they look a little counter intuitive. Every trajectory sharpens very steeply for a long period of time. Right from where the actual data ends. We're looking at a sharper increase than we had two weeks ago? Is something off with our reporting? Yes, there are issues. Is something up with the way this model handles that? I bloody well hope so.

As much as I feel the death figures are clearly lagging, and 'We're not at ICU capacity' sounds better than it is, it's a hell of a job to extrapolate a situation 3, 4 times as bad as any other European country unfolding.

Thank God, that site has some profound and fundamental errors which make me question its validity completely.

For example, look at their projected daily death toll (UK):

The bottom end of their estimates is circa 1,000 per day. At the top end, it's circa 10,000 per day. A HUGE difference.

Now look at their project death totals:

The range of possible outcomes in now way correlates with the first graph. Their basic maths are wrong. The area under the curve (1st graph) gives the total number of deaths, and the difference between the top curve (highest daily death rate projection) and the bottom one (lowest rate) is huge. But this is not reflected properly in the 66,000 total deaths calculation.

Show proof that all those prescribing it are doing so as part of a trial please.

Well we both know there are articles out there saying there will be UK trials, but instead of asking me to prove a negative (although I can, official communication here), why don't you come up with a shred of proof that they're being prescribed as a treatment outside of trials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.