Holiday advice

Not necessarily.
A UK two week quarantine would have no effect on me and any other retirees.
Well it would to most I suspect as there won't be many that want to spend a few days abroad only to self quarantine for a fortnight on their return. Maybe if the trip abroad is a few weeks but not for anything less. And this is not even taking into account the lack of insurance and the restrictions in place at the foreign destination.

Jet2 to restart flights on July 1st. All flights up to end of June cancelled.

Last edited:
I booked our summer holiday to Cyprus with TUI in January, and paid an initial £200 deposit. A further £600 is due next week, with the remaining balance due in May.

Tried to cancel the holiday due to financial uncertainty, but they said we would have to pay £800 to do so (the initial £200 + the £600) which isn't an option.

Seems highly unlikely that travel will be back to normal by summer so I doubt the trip will go ahead, but don't want really want to have to shell out more money at the moment. Do I have a leg to stand on if I withheld the next payment?
Just to update this for anyone remotely interested, we ended up not paying the £600 left on the deposit but were able to change our booking to next summer. Means the outstanding balance isn’t due now until May next year which buys us a bit of time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.