COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
They know better than every single scientist in the world? It is a virus,it jumps from person to person,i don't think you have a clue even after three months solid,this killing older people,hence the keeping the kids away from old people

People can catch COVID-19 from others who have the virus. The disease spreads primarily from person to person through small droplets from the nose or mouth, which are expelled when a person with COVID-19 coughs, sneezes, or speaks. These droplets are relatively heavy, do not travel far and quickly sink to the ground. People can catch COVID-19 if they breathe in these droplets from a person infected with the virus. This is why it is important to stay at least 1 meter) away from others. These droplets can land on objects and surfaces around the person such as tables, doorknobs and handrails. People can become infected by touching these objects or surfaces, then touching their eyes, nose or mouth. This is why it is important to wash your hands regularly with soap and water or clean with alcohol-

https://www.who.int/emergencies/dis...-and-answers-hub/q-a-detail/q-a-coronaviruses
I don’t think you understand the concept of statistical risk. Yes of course it can be passed as you describe but it doesn’t follow that it will be and the chance of doing so is relatively low. Social distancing 2m / 1m is just fucking guesswork. Sneezes and coughs can travel several metres as can normal breaths from bike riders or runners as can breaths from moronic shop workers shouting to each other down the aisle so if you want to have a go at random people why aren’t you calling them out. Or are they all heroes in your little world ?

So more confusing "evidence" as per my posts yesterday.

Also re them being "happy to help" - great, good for them, happy to help and get the virus....the point was to help the NHS not be overwhelmed, exposing yourself does not do that, but these holier-than-thou wankers are above us all so can do wtf they want.
You’re making big assumptions. Firstly just coming into contact with someone does not mean you will contract the virus, secondly the percentage of elderly people contracting the virus who need hospital treatment is low.

I don’t think you understand the concept of statistical risk. Yes of course it can be passed as you describe but it doesn’t follow that it will be and the chance of doing so is relatively low. Social distancing 2m / 1m is just fucking guesswork. Sneezes and coughs can travel several metres as can normal breaths from bike riders or runners as can breaths from moronic shop workers shouting to each other down the aisle so if you want to have a go at random people why aren’t you calling them out. Or are they all heroes in your little world ?
Relatively low risk passing from person to person ? Lol, What I gave you was from the WHO,you know the experts , key workers had to work
You can't be this stupid so I am going for wum,if you are this stupid then I am sorry for all the people you have potentially infected
I'm out

The media are definitely out for him , there was a Labour mp who went to a funeral no social distancing but all he got was a tap on the wrist

no way he should have gone putting his parents at risk

I’m not sticking up for dom, horrible little man by all accounts. What annoys me is the lack of nuanced thinking by certain prolific posters. It’s not a black and white issue. Lockdown is just a trite phrase - it doesn’t mean what it says. Like I keep saying to you - going to the shops and encountering possibly dozens of people indoors increases the chances of spreading / contracting the virus far more than banging a hooker or dropping a kid off with his grandparents or going to a second home does.
It’s wrong for those in charge or in positions of influence not to practise what they preach but their actions don’t necessarily contribute to the virus spreading any faster than if they’d all just popped to Asda.

You seem like a class warrior to me, jealous of the rich and powerful.

How dare you bring nuance to a cock fight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.