Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might watch the Atletico tie at anfield later, thoroughly enjoyed that game, well the ending.

Obviously a game that should not have taken place, but nowt I could do about it.

Love the fact that they ‘own’ the whole Thatcher era. Nobody suffered more than them during that period. The whole recession was some kind of agenda against them.
Pit closures decimated villages and communities all over parts of the nation, safe to say every one of them was outside the south. If I am wrong I stand corrected.
Families were split apart, even now, Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters and so on have sadly gone to the grave since those awful times never having spoke since then. That’s such a real tragedy. Each and everyone of those involved were guilty of nothing more than having a sense of togetherness, the Thatcher ideal crushed that. Scousers on rubbish tips ( to use the current narrative) meant more.
Thatcher was the one that decided that ‘there was no such thing as society.’
The steel industry went the same way.
Most industry that actually ‘made things‘ disappeared countrywide.
Every part of the country, apart from parts of the south, suffered equally. It meant more in liverpool.
I left school in 1981 with a few O levels and a sense of trepidation. I got a job, kept my head down and progressed, it’s what you did.
I worked hard and travelled around the country a fair bit. Every lad on every job I worked on was sound. Brummies, Yorkies, Geordies(and Mackems), Scots, Welsh and Irish were all of the same mind set; work hard, play hard. Anytime a scouser turned up trouble followed. It’s a fact, always militant.
This is what I found through my life journey, an awful lot of mates from these jobs to this day hold the same thought.
Bleasdale and McGovern sold this myth to the masses of the plucky, loveable, rough diamond happy go lucky scouser who society had decided should be singled out. Michael Angelis is quite possibly the most boring individual alive, he was the face/voice of that hole throughout those times.
We all struggled back then, watch The Full Monty or Brassed Off - both of them a brilliant pastiche of the time and never once wallowing in self pity and both made with compassion towards those desperate years never once undermining the people who suffered the indignities.
Compare that to the ‘we are the victims’ agenda peddled by Bleasdale and McGovern.
I hate all things that are associated with that place.
I am a born and bred Mancunian, it’s my birth right.
Rant over.

Love the fact that they ‘own’ the whole Thatcher era. Nobody suffered more than them during that period. The whole recession was some kind of agenda against them.
Pit closures decimated villages and communities all over parts of the nation, safe to say every one of them was outside the south. If I am wrong I stand corrected.
Families were split apart, even now, Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters and so on have sadly gone to the grave since those awful times never having spoke since then. That’s such a real tragedy. Each and everyone of those involved were guilty of nothing more than having a sense of togetherness, the Thatcher ideal crushed that. Scousers on rubbish tips ( to use the current narrative) meant more.
Thatcher was the one that decided that ‘there was no such thing as society.’
The steel industry went the same way.
Most industry that actually ‘made things‘ disappeared countrywide.
Every part of the country, apart from parts of the south, suffered equally. It meant more in liverpool.
I left school in 1981 with a few O levels and a sense of trepidation. I got a job, kept my head down and progressed, it’s what you did.
I worked hard and travelled around the country a fair bit. Every lad on every job I worked on was sound. Brummies, Yorkies, Geordies(and Mackems), Scots, Welsh and Irish were all of the same mind set; work hard, play hard. Anytime a scouser turned up trouble followed. It’s a fact, always militant.
This is what I found through my life journey, an awful lot of mates from these jobs to this day hold the same thought.
Bleasdale and McGovern sold this myth to the masses of the plucky, loveable, rough diamond happy go lucky scouser who society had decided should be singled out. Michael Angelis is quite possibly the most boring individual alive, he was the face/voice of that hole throughout those times.
We all struggled back then, watch The Full Monty or Brassed Off - both of them a brilliant pastiche of the time and never once wallowing in self pity and both made with compassion towards those desperate years never once undermining the people who suffered the indignities.
Compare that to the ‘we are the victims’ agenda peddled by Bleasdale and McGovern.
I hate all things that are associated with that place.
I am a born and bred Mancunian, it’s my birth right.
Rant over.

I would add to that list the Grantham grannie insistence on milk quotas ruined rural communities. Not just the slaughter of hundreds, maybe thousands of dairy cows, so that farmers stayed within their production limits, but also all the ancillary industries.

I don’t know Liverpool well, but I doubt that there are many dairy farms in the city.

Do we have that scouse nuisance back again?
I am not bothered because l have pressed a pre emptive button.

Hahaha...so no City fans have ever sung Munich songs? Okay mate, if you like.
Touched a nerve did I? Don’t give me your holier than thou attitude. Anyone mentions Hillsborough and you lot start petitions, lobby your MP, go on TV crying and moaning etc. Yet here you were in 1985 revelling in the misfortune of others with a banner. I have never seen any City fans with any such similar banner, ever. But if you can show me any TV coverage with that sort of banner displayed by City fans at a game then I will apologise. still waiting for you to tell me about the 8 Liverpool fans that died at Heysel or have you now realised that wasn’t the case. Why was there no mention of the anniversary in the UK press do you think, is this another subject your vermin club has suppressed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.