Madeleine McCann

Although i wouldn't ever leave my children like that, i know some parents who drop their guard a little while on holiday.
Even Butlins used to run a "listening" service for parents who wanted to go to the clubhouse for a drink. That consisted of a member of staff who would walk past your chalet door every 15 mins and "listen" if your child or baby was crying. I thought this was crazy, as anything can happen within a space of 15 mins. Yet the couple we went away with thought it fine (to leave their very young children)and came out with us.

I keep seeing the same internet trolls on many different sites/platforms trotting out the same well worn "facts".
The main one seems to be the "no comment" to every question asked by the police. These trolls then say what parent who has just had their child go missing would answer like that.
Yet, if you read the full story line, they were fully answering every question. They were trying to assist the Police in any way to help get their child back. It was later when they realised the Police weren't interested in looking for the child, but more interested in accusing them of having something to do with it. They weren't allowed legal representation for 16 hours of questioning.
It went from the Police helping to the Police just wanting to pin the blame on somebody....anybody.
I too would be pissed off when you suddenly realise they think you might have done something. So instead of you being out there looking, you might end up in a cell powerless to do anything.

The bit that pisses me off the most is the people almost desperate for them to be guilty. What right thinking person would want that?
What would they get from it?
I find it disturbing that any parent could harm their child. Therefore i have maintained the hope that they were totally innocent.
Until something proves otherwise, they are innocent. Shit parents maybe, but boy are they paying for that now.
We went to Butlins in Ayr 1975 and a different Bond film was in the cinema each night. A light would keep coming on, flashing messages next to the screen.....
"Baby crying in chalet 235"
And to much amusement a couple would get up and walk oit

Ok can you perhaps may be suggest why other cases of missing children (especially from BAME) have not received the same funding, police resource and media awareness that the McCann's case has received? Whilst I'm not suggesting a "race to the bottom" approach and that resources should be reduce, it would just be nice if families of other missing children could receive the same support..

Most people probably have never even heard of the below children still missing today..

Aamina Khan- missing since August 2011
Elizabeth Ogungbayibi - missing since September 2006
Folawiyo Oladejo-

How many other families have gone to the lengths that this couple have gone to, to keep her relevant and in the news?
This in the face of absolute scrutiny and abuse. Being hung drawn and quartered at every turn.
I don't think it's about class or having "connections". It is about determination and single mindedness.
Yes, money may have meant they got good early advice how to keep the investigation alive. They are educated people, and this has meant they had an advantage that other parents of missing kids might not have had. (or known where to start)

I have praised the Police from afar for not dropping this case. It's probably as a parent that it is good to see (if i was in the same position) that they haven't given up. Again the Police have had to endure constant abuse and scrutiny about "wasting" tax payers money (annual jolly's etc). This is about finding a missing child. There is NO amount of money that would be a waste.

Last edited:
36718.jpg

How many other families have gone to the lengths that this couple have gone to, to keep her relevant and in the news?
This in the face of absolute scrutiny and abuse. Being hung drawn and quartered at every turn.
I don't think it's about class or having "connections". It is about determination and single mindedness.
Yes, money may have meant they got good early advice how to keep the investigation alive. They are educated people, and this has meant they had an advantage that other parents of missing kids might not have had. (or known where to start)

I have praised the Police from afar for not dropping this case. It's probably as a parent that it is good to see (if i was in the same position) that they haven't given up. Again the Police have had to endure constant abuse and scrutiny about "wasting" tax payers money (annual jolly's etc). This is about finding a missing child. There is NO amount of money that would be a waste.
Well said.

Not really but maybe I wasn't clear enough. Great if they secure a conviction and there may for all we know still be some forensic evdience that will tie him to the scene but if there isn't then the case is going to be circumstantial isn't it? And I think it's still a reasonable question to ask what has taken so long and how has this suspect been unearthed now. I guess if they are going to charge and try him then it will become apparent.
It takes a long time to pick up the pieces of a botched investigation and start from scratch. There have been 4 detectives on it I think. Just 4. To identify and eliminate all persons in a partulicular area at a particular time isba staggering amount of work, lengthened and complicated by having to work across international borders and gather evidence across them. Each action generates more enquiries. I imagine it was a mammoth task to get where they are with the small team they have on it. Shouldnt be any criticism over the time, that cant be helped in the circumstances

These are the type of comments the Parents have been subjected to over the years. How are people even allowed to openly state these sort of views on social platforms. It’s sick.
When's that from BH - I can't see it in the thread?

Some very radical theories on view in that post, did they ever provide any literature to back them up?

Been out all day, where are we at with this?

Are we at people justifying “leaving their kids alone all the time while I’m on holidays” and thinking people will think they are good parents(you aren’t, nobody thinks you should leave your kids alone), or are we at “wouldn’t have the publicity if not middle class”?

Every time this comes up the same posters follow the same patterns. Two in particular just couldn’t wait to jump in with stories of being left alone as kids so their parent could go on the piss, so it’s fine. Others can’t wait to attack the class of the parents.

Here’s what I’ve learnt about this case...it really projects the worst of us. People use it to justify their bias or to excuse failings in them or their parents.

There’s no simple answer to this case.

Hopefully there is closure, for them and for everyone else so clearly triggered by it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.