UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess who David Gill and Ed Woodward both worked for?...
I was in a room once when PWC unveiled a report, criticising a hospital for its ‘unrealistic assumptions’ on future activity and income assumptions.
Guess which company had received a sizeable contract from the DOH, to write the original ‘unrealistic report?‘
For a company that has made so many cock ups it’s amazing that PWC is still going.......

Last edited:
Granted, but In my experience, old-network ties are ever-lasting.

Certainly when it comes to knowing a friend of a friend in a legal, banking or footballing sphere.

My son has an old-boy network at his grammar school - old gits who went to the school for just a few years but join up each year to chew the fat and call in favours and cash.

I've done it throughout my own career. Couple years here, someone knows someone, they are vouched for, before you know it, someone you hardly know has removed an obstacle for you.

Way of the world, sadly.

Yeah but it's not like we're without contacts ourselves.

I don't know where John Macbeath started out as an accountant but there's probably a 1 in 4 chance it was PwC. I'd imagine somewhere in the CFG family there's someone who spent time there.

Khaldoon and Mansour have influence and connections that make Ed Woodward and David Gill look like boy scouts.

I don't know where John Macbeath started out as an accountant but there's probably a 1 in 4 chance it was PwC. I'd imagine somewhere in the CFG family there's someone who spent time there.

Khaldoon and Mansour have influence and connections that make Ed Woodward and David Gill look like boy scouts.

I’ve actually sat in the CFG London office with city, Deloitte, PwC, Accenture and my employer so yes - the club have contacts in accounting and consultancy. Doesn’t mean anything though lol

Im not buying that for one second. They aren't in charge of this procedure so unlike the previously where they have held all the cards, they start to leak info now, especially with what city raised on the original process, they would effectively be screwing their own chances.
I realise that could be the case , it was said tongue in cheek tho Willipp

There is that!

When will we get a ruling? if it goes tits up i know many will be ready to kick us when we are down first in the queue will be steve slippy Gerard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.