UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in a room once when PWC unveiled a report, criticising a hospital for its ‘unrealistic assumptions’ on future activity and income assumptions.
Guess which company had received a sizeable contract from the DOH, to write the original ‘unrealistic report?‘
For a company that has made so many cock ups it’s amazing that PWC is still going.......

A lot of the big accountancy firms are pretty slap dash. See this https://www.theguardian.com/busines...-serco-tagging-scandal?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other And these muppets are in charge of the “world leading” test and trace system.

I’ve actually sat in the CFG London office with city, Deloitte, PwC, Accenture and my employer so yes - the club have contacts in accounting and consultancy. Doesn’t mean anything though lol
Means less than nothing. There's only four big worldwide accounting firms (suitably titled the Big Four) which are all huge sprawling companies and each employ hundreds of thousands of people. Their entire model is hiring tons and tons of graduates each year to do the grunt work, who all stay for about two years or so before moving on to their real careers. It's almost like a post graduate degree for accounting/numbers types. Basically everyone in that field has come through this system so it's very much unsurprising that they both would've worked there and they themselves probably think very little of it.

The idea that PwC is now involved with the "cartel" and "G14" and Letterme and the AC and the IC and UEFA and Platini and on and on is a conspiracy theory too far.

Agreed. Would also recommend everyone to listen to the podcast that you've just done on 9320. It was brilliant. Given the obvious hurdles that UEFA have to jump to win, I do feel confident we'll prevail at CAS.

A lot of the big accountancy firms are pretty slap dash. See this https://www.theguardian.com/busines...-serco-tagging-scandal?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other And these muppets are in charge of the “world leading” test and trace system.
As I remember from my working days in the manufacturing sector in the late nineties they would all say " we don't make the news, we just print it"
I learnt early in my management career that if you are going to be judged by accountants (ie audited by them) it is better to think like them during the manufacturing process.
Engineering was littered with busy fools who made little money so a combo of good engineering and good accountancy is vital.

Risk tanking entrepreneurial skills moderated by prudence of accountants

Looking at Rob harris article on AP cannot believe he writes such rubbish sticking to the line that our defence is that the emails are hacked but the snide dig at the fact we conduct in house interviews rather than press conferences. I find that really confusing one other than the publicly traded sports clubs (which report more often) how much access do we get to CEOs or chairmen of clubs ? How often do they do in house interviews let alone public press conferences ? Even if other clubs do these how could we do this on this matter given the sensitive legal nature where responses and perhaps even questions have to be restricted. I think city use to not do anything at the end of the year in terms of interviews with the Chairmen. What did we use to do ? Any idea what other clubs do ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.