UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This question my have been answered numerous times and sorry if missed but surly if we had no positive case to answer silver lake would not have invested $500 million into the club a deal this big wouldn't have been decided otherwise i know it was before Uefa's decision but this must have been taken into account at the time?

Didn’t want them all to be criminal.

George Carmen represented Dodd. Brilliant man, but a cünt. Represented the Haçienda too btw. Know the solicitor that instructed him.

Calling @Prestwich_Blue
Sigh.

Carman was a great friend of the senior partner who I first worked for. Met him a couple of times. Definitely a rum character, to put it mildly. Rodney Klevan, who Kavanagh QC was supposedly based on (although he was nothing like him) was a member of the extended Savage family.

And on that famous day 13th May 2012, I spent pre-match in City Square having some refreshments with a judge and his wife, who are friends of mine.

So CAS are ruling on whether procedure was followed and not our guilt ?

No the first hearing was in procedure, this is about the alleged breach. Whether it was breached, whether the 2014 settlement was the end of the matter as they have come back to hit us again for what we were penalised previously.
There are also matters such as statute of limitations which UEFA appear to have failed.
In addition the hacked emails may be the central focus of UEFA claims, although they may look bad they don’t necessarily show the true picture.
Lots more but suggest you read the posts by ProjectDriver & Prestwich_blue

This question my have been answered numerous times and sorry if missed but surly if we had no positive case to answer silver lake would not have invested $500 million into the club a deal this big wouldn't have been decided otherwise i know it was before Uefa's decision but this must have been taken into account at the time?
I wouldn't use that myself to assume anything about the case. It could be they view their investment over a much longer period than an initial 2 year CL ban and not being banned is an instant gamble bonus if it happens.

I wouldn't use that myself to assume anything about the case. It could be they view their investment over a much longer period than an initial 2 year CL ban and not being banned is an instant gamble bonus if it happens.
I think there is very little chance they invested at a $5bn value factoring in a 2 year ban. Safe to say, their due diligence and advice was that a 1 year ban worst case and probably unlikely. In short they probably underestimated the risk.

I think there is very little chance they invested at a $5bn value factoring in a 2 year ban. Safe to say, their due diligence and advice was that a 1 year ban worst case and probably unlikely. In short they probably underestimated the risk.
Surely if they were factoring in a possible 1 yr ban (with all the negative associations that will bring) then a 2 yr ban is not much worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.