Ever won anything?

Ill take credit for it as i invited my mate but technically he won it.

We were invited to a Hugo Boss event at their store as they were the sponsor of The Open golf in 2019 at Portrush.

They had a virtual golf game to win prizes and long story short my mate sunk the putt twice and we got Hospitality on the Saturday of the golf on the first tee - free food, drinks and other gear all day! Not sure what the price of prize would of been but easy £300+ per head?

To top it off the same mate added his name to a mailing list thing on the night and got 2 more general admission passes for the Thursday!

Won quite a few facebook competitions for food, tickets etc - One of the better ones was some VIP tickets to a Rory Mcllroy event in 2018 before the Irish Open when he chatted to Pep before the ProAM for his charity. I had tickets already but was able to bring some more mates.

The heart of many a fair maiden. A few football coupons, a 350/1 treble and an ashtray at school.

Edit: Primary School sports day prize. I shit ye not.

Last edited:
First cash win was when I got my first job out of college in a bank dealing room - Mostly United fans working there and had a 100 quid bet at 5/2 against start of the 90/91 season that City would finish higher than them - just squeezed that one victory in before it all went to shit for the next decade

1 Arsenal 38 83 +56 24 13 1 74 18
2 Liverpool 38 76 +37 23 7 8 77 40
3 Crystal Palace 38 69 +9 20 9 9 50 41
4 Leeds United 38 64 +18 19 7 12 65 47
5 Manchester City 38 62 +11 17 11 10 64 53
6 Manchester United 38 59 +13 16 12 10 58 45

A lottery syndicate I’m in (9 mates) had 5 numbers a few years ago. It worked out a poxy £570 each. The jackpot was something like £20m that week and wasn’t won.
Ah well.

When the very first triple lottery rollover happened, Talkshite had a phone in competition to win £2000. I heard them announce it on my way home from work and called with the answer to the qualifying question. About 5 minutes later I get a call from an unknown number so I pulled over excitedly (nearly broke my alloys) and it was them saying I was in a queue. So I waited thinking I wouldn't get a chance with god knows how many ahead of me. I heard the first person being asked who the manager was of some lower tiered Scottish team and I didn't have a clue, neither did the caller so my excitement went up. They then asked the next person where the current test match was being played, I knew the answer but the caller didn't, excitement levels increase significantly. Then it was me and I was asked which player had returned to the Republic of Ireland team after 18 months of exile. I was practically screaming down the phone "ROY KEANE, ROY KEANE, ROY KEANE!!!".

2 weeks later I called for a £250 comp about poker and won that.

I used to work in Electrical Retail and the reps always threw random competitions, won loads of goodies, but the best from them was a weekend away, for 2, to Madrid, was awesome.

Won a talent contest at a holiday camp when I was 11.First prize was a torch where you could change the colour of the beam.Performed "If you gotta make a fool of somebody" by Freddie and the Dreamers.
The year after I won the soloist section in the Alderley Edge music festival for schools.

Won a grand on score cast v rags , Sinclair first goal city to win 3-1 ( cheers blobby ) . Got 5 out of scoop 6 and a place drew £750 , if the placed horse won I'd have won 50k . Even the Mrs calls me Billy one horse let me down .

A lottery syndicate I’m in (9 mates) had 5 numbers a few years ago. It worked out a poxy £570 each. The jackpot was something like £20m that week and wasn’t won.
Ah well.
Did the same in work years ago. Five numbers and it was £146 a head. Still fucking raging.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.