#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most seem to say as a pure striker like sergio,a lot,including me think he is better as a goal scoring winger and we get a striker with more of a kun skill set but a young one so they fight it out in more equal terms
My point is, you (not specifically you, but also you) don't need to say it every time he doesn't score, or make a post about him.

If someone doesn't think he had a good match for instance, that's absolutely ok and they're free to say that. Go into detail, we can have a discussion and figure out where we're all right or wrong. But people don't need to add on the end every time that happens that they don't think he'll cut it as the striker. Just say, 'I don't think he played well, here's why'. There's no need to cast a long term verdict on someone after one bad performance.

It's not just Jesus. Mendy is getting it now. A string of good games followed by an error at Wolves and all of a sudden it's time to sell. Gets back on track and makes a second error and now it's time to be sold again! Posters can't just say, that was a bad performance and a bad error. No, it's the guy is awful and he needs to go. Sterling has been scoring more than anyone this season but as soon as the bad form came in people were queuing up to say it's time for Madrid to buy him. Can't just say he's had a bad game or he's in a rut. No it's time to sell, he's not good enough anymore. People line up to say Gundogan can't cut it and never can after every game he's not MOTM in or we win 6-0. Time to sell and bring in Aouar. Ederson lets in a bad goal and it's not he should be doing better on that, it's he's a crap goalkeeper and his only skill is with his feet. You know first hand how quick people were to write Aguero off in 2017. Instead of people saying that it's a shame he hasn't quite adapted to Pep yet, it's oh time to clear Sergio out! Same with Silva, Mahrez, Bernardo, Sané, Otamendi, Stones, and at several points Fernandinho. Laporte and Foden are the only two exceptions to this.

My issue is we don't gain anything from casting long term doubts every single time a person thinks a performance is not up to their standard. Posters on this forum write off players after a single weak outing faster than the media criticises writes off City after every game we don't win.

If you think that Jesus didn't do well in front of goal today, fine. There's no arguing that. But to write him off as a goal scorer or as a CF because of it is too much. He's 23 and has a goalscoring record to rival many and I doubt you could find many players of a similar age who outdo him or players who outdid him at that age. And he's a fringe player. And even if the worst happens, and he's just an excellent forward with a "mediocre record" of 3 goals in 4 games as he is now who I repeat never statistically makes the team suffer goals wise when he's playing (except when he has a genuinely bad game), is that really a bad thing? France won a World Cup with Giroud up front and Liverpool's striker is Firmino, two strikers that seem to actively hate goalscoring.

He's a City player FFS. Support him.

Most seem to say as a pure striker like sergio,a lot,including me think he is better as a goal scoring winger and we get a striker with more of a kun skill set but a young one so they fight it out in more equal terms
Pep almost had a fallen out with Kun when he first arrived.

there was a reason he went out and bought a winger to turn into a striker.

A goal-scoring stiker is not the first thing that matters.

My point is, you (not specifically you, but also you) don't need to say it every time he doesn't score, or make a post about him.

If someone doesn't think he had a good match for instance, that's absolutely ok and they're free to say that. Go into detail, we can have a discussion and figure out where we're all right or wrong. But people don't need to add on the end every time that happens that they don't think he'll cut it as the striker. Just say, 'I don't think he played well, here's why'. There's no need to cast a long term verdict on someone after one bad performance.

It's not just Jesus. Mendy is getting it now. A string of good games followed by an error at Wolves and all of a sudden it's time to sell. Gets back on track and makes a second error and now it's time to be sold again! Posters can't just say, that was a bad performance and a bad error. No, it's the guy is awful and he needs to go. Sterling has been scoring more than anyone this season but as soon as the bad form came in people were queuing up to say it's time for Madrid to buy him. Can't just say he's had a bad game or he's in a rut. No it's time to sell, he's not good enough anymore. People line up to say Gundogan can't cut it and never can after every game he's not MOTM in or we win 6-0. Time to sell and bring in Aouar. Ederson lets in a bad goal and it's not he should be doing better on that, it's he's a crap goalkeeper and his only skill is with his feet. You know first hand how quick people were to write Aguero off in 2017. Instead of people saying that it's a shame he hasn't quite adapted to Pep yet, it's oh time to clear Sergio out! Same with Silva, Mahrez, Bernardo, Sané, Otamendi, Stones, and at several points Fernandinho. Laporte and Foden are the only two exceptions to this.

My issue is we don't gain anything from casting long term doubts every single time a person thinks a performance is not up to their standard. Posters on this forum write off players after a single weak outing faster than the media criticises writes off City after every game we don't win.

If you think that Jesus didn't do well in front of goal today, fine. There's no arguing that. But to write him off as a goal scorer or as a CF because of it is too much. He's 23 and has a goalscoring record to rival many and I doubt you could find many players of a similar age who outdo him or players who outdid him at that age. And he's a fringe player. And even if the worst happens, and he's just an excellent forward with a "mediocre record" of 3 goals in 4 games as he is now who I repeat never statistically makes the team suffer goals wise when he's playing (except when he has a genuinely bad game), is that really a bad thing? France won a World Cup with Giroud up front and Liverpool's striker is Firmino, two strikers that seem to actively hate goalscoring.

He's a City player FFS. Support him.

Unless I’ve misread this, he’s featured in 145 or so matches for us, scored 60 odd goals.

Where is this 3 goals every 4 matches statistic being drawn from?

His record for us in the CL is excellent and despite not being as clinical in domestic games he still has a good record. Most goal scorers don't become prolific until 24 onwards. Next season is a big one for him. If he can go and get 20 in the league he is likely to kick on from there.

Whether he will be as good as Sergio is doubtful but will many be? If he can score 75% as many but contribute more assists then we will be fine.

Last night's game is the kind of game that he does struggle in and it's the kind of game where the difference between him and Sergio really shows up. Against packed defences he doesn't have that killer instinct to get half a yard of space and get his shot away. Aguero is the master of it.

In games like that I'd prefer Jesus to make space for others. He should be trying to drag the centre backs left or right and create space for the wingers to come inside and someone like Foden through the centre from deep.

I don't understand the desire to hate on him, or constantly compare his weaknesses to Aguero's strengths and treat accordingly. He's a completely different player, a brilliant player with brilliant attributes himself. His biggest issue for me is the pressure he feels when he starts. You can see it in his face and the way he plays after he misses a chance. If Aguero leaves and Jesus becomes the no.1 striker and the team sets up to play to his strengths I think we'd be looking at a superstar. I remember those early days when we had him, Sterling and Sane causing havoc with their pace and movement. It's a shame we won't see that happen long term.

Pep almost had a fallen out with Kun when he first arrived.

there was a reason he went out and bought a winger to turn into a striker.

A goal-scoring stiker is not the first thing that matters.
I read peps book,they had dinner to talk about what he wanted from sergio that lasted about twenty mins then they had a nice dinner,if you believe the media that is up to you,also if you disbelieve he needs replacing and gabby is NOT that

I read peps book,they had dinner to talk about what he wanted from sergio that lasted about twenty mins then they had a nice dinner,if you believe the media that is up to you,also if you disbelieve he needs replacing and gabby is NOT that

Whats the name of the book ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.