The David Silva Stand?

For me, whilst merlin is still at the forefront of our minds and people rightly acknowledge all that he has done for us, no doubt over the next generations there will be others who fans of that era will claim to be the best ever to wear blue and want a stand named after them. We would soon run out of stands.
So in the meantime, "The East Stand" has a bigger place in your heart than "The David Silva Stand"?

If players come along and make a bigger impact on the club than David Silva, good luck to them. I'm sure the club at the time would figure out a way to honour them.

But we already have The Colin Bell Stand, and it's the only one that means anything to anyone. No one gives a shit about the North, East, or South Stand.

In the first 125 years of our history, David is the most decorated and many say, the greatest player we've ever had. It doesn't make sense to hold off naming the stand after him - just in case someone better comes along in the future. That's like not sleeping with your current girlfriend, just in case someone prettier comes along in a few years time.

So in the meantime, "The East Stand" has a bigger place in your heart than "The David Silva Stand"?

If players come along and make a bigger impact on the club than David Silva, good luck to them. I'm sure the club at the time would figure out a way to honour them.

But we already have The Colin Bell Stand, and it's the only one that means anything to anyone. No one gives a shit about the North, East, or South Stand.

In the first 125 years of our history, David is the most decorated and many say, the greatest player we've ever had. It doesn't make sense to hold off naming the stand after him - just in case someone better comes along in the future. That's like not sleeping with your current girlfriend, just in case someone prettier comes along in a few years time.
I think you are being somewhat overly sensitive. Why does it have to be a stand named after him?

It's probably already been said but the difficulty of giving Silva such a huge tribute is the fact that over the next 20 years it's entirely possible we have a player or two to surpass him.

De Bruyne is heading towards being our best ever, even ahead of Aguero. Sterling, Bernardo, Laporte, Jesus, Ederson, and Foden are all players that could POSSIBLY match his heights whilst at the club. There's players we could yet sign that could do it. There could be some 15 year old kids that could one day do it.

Silva signed immediately after a long era of mediocrity. Now we are in line for a long era of excellence. Silva's achievements should be celebrated but maybe a stand is too much. The only real exception might come if we lift the CL this summer, but then why would we not give Aguero similar rewards as he's been the key man for the decade?

Can’t get my head around posts like this.

Why “no”?

Are you worried the reds will take the piss?

Are you secretly ashamed that Colin Bell has a stand named after him?

If the West Stand was renamed The David Silva stand would you look at it and think “what a terrible decision that was”?

Do you always struggle with others having an opinion that differs from your own?
It's not a case of shame or embarrassment, mate. I just, personally, think it's not the best idea to honour Silva.

what a brilliant player. It was a joy to watch him on a football pitch, even if he was making our lads look rubbish. Best wishes to him.

Do you always struggle with others having an opinion that differs from your own?
It's not a case of shame or embarrassment, mate. I just, personally, think it's not the best idea to honour Silva.
I just struggle when an opinion makes no logical sense. It’s usually a sign that it’s covering up an irrational fear / insecurity.

I have been watching City since 1969 , and i have NEVER been so sad to see a player leave , as i am about David Silva .... and he's not only popular with our own fans either ... the guy just makes the City side 'tick' , and is just so likeable.

To name a stand after him is a great idea , but it's so hard to think that he's left us for good ..... i'd much rather the wife left!

what a brilliant player. It was a joy to watch him on a football pitch, even if he was making our lads look rubbish. Best wishes to him.

Lol , that gave me a chuckle ... yes , David Silva wasn't only a hit with the City fans, and the Premiership will be all the poorer for his departure, he has so much talent , and is so likeable with it!

Fair play to you mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.