Nathan Ake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clutching at straws?

Honestly, you can see that so many of their fans look to him for an example to follow. His contrived bullshit about acting like he's the bigger man and above everything has been taken on by their fanbase as a whole.

It's all so forced and you can see how thin the veil is because you can very visibly see the blood rushing to his face any time he talks about us.

Not to mention the bullshit like he brought up today about signing two left footed centrebacks. He always seems to act like he's concerned that our transfer dealings don't really make sense and won't go to plan but it's nothing but wishful thinking.

You'd think that after his adopted club finally ended a title drought that lasted around twice the length of his entire career then he'd have perked up a bit but I think his blood hasn't stopped boiling since Sterling fucked them off.

I still find it absolutely staggering that the club went into a season with Stones, Otamendi, Fernandinho and Laporte as it's CB options.
Pure arrogance by the board after historic season IMO.

Need to be more ruthless in the future when we win stuff, replacing players that easily can be improved.

I still find it absolutely staggering that the club went into a season with Stones, Otamendi, Fernandinho and Laporte as it's CB options.
Completely insane decision, and not even with hindsight. How we somehow managed to identify Harry Maguire as the only centerback in the world we could've signed last summer remains baffling to me.

It's similar to the year we decided to only have one DM in the squad after Jorginho didn't sign, or how we've gone Pep's whole tenure with fill ins at left back. It's like building a big beautiful house then deciding the roof should only cover half the building.

Need to be more ruthless in the future when we win stuff, replacing players that easily can be improved.

In terms of quality mgmt I wouldn't disagree, but it's quite tricky celebrating trophies together and a week later kick some out. It's an old pattern of keeping the winning team unchanged a bit too long.

In terms of quality mgmt I wouldn't disagree, but it's quite tricky celebrating trophies together and a week later kick some out. It's an old pattern of keeping the winning team unchanged a bit too long.
We have a bad habit of handing out extensions for no reason also. A big part of why we couldn't sign a centerback last summer was because it was too difficult to move Otamendi's wages.

Completely insane decision, and not even with hindsight. How we somehow managed to identify Harry Maguire as the only centerback in the world we could've signed last summer remains baffling to me.

It's similar to the year we decided to only have one DM in the squad after Jorginho didn't sign, or how we've gone Pep's whole tenure with fill ins at left back. It's like building a big beautiful house then deciding the roof should only cover half the building.
Looks like we've learnt our lesson this time around. Seems as if we're still in for a marquee CB even with the Aké signing. So at least we won't be dragged into another all or nothing situation regarding potential CBs. We won't have to bend over backwards to get over Koulibably given we've got Aké (although we probably should).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.