Nathan Ake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. Cannavaro and Baresi are two of the best defenders to have played the game (the former is the last defender to have won the Ballon d’Or after leading his country to the World Cup) and were both 5’9. Some on here have a bizarre height fetish of sorts and deem any centre back under 6’2/6’3 to be useless.

Funnily enough it was our very own manager who won the CL with a CB who measured in at 5’8.

Don’t think there’s going to be any issues with Ake’s height.
In general the bigger and stronger someone is, the less agile they are. It's just nature, although I accept there's some exceptions to the rule.

I prefer speed and agility in our current defensive setup than height and strength.

Brilliant signing.

Just caught Sky ticker. Chelsea have 72hrs after official bid, to match/raise and utilise their buyback clause.

Football has evolved not many big lump strikers anymore even in the English game, three of the best centre halves ever to have played the game in Baresi,Beckenbauer and Cannavaro were all under 6 foot, Ake is 5 11 and has a decent spring for his size, it’s a bit of a myth we concede loads from corners or crosses we concede more on the counter because of our high line and pushed on full backs, Akes pace will be a big asset to counter the counter attacks, cracking signing for me.
Absolutely agree! Even when it comes to long punts up the pitch, they're usually towards a centre forward who is stood on a full back. Pace and brains over size is essential these days, especially for us!

If tosin was any good he would have been in the team by now

Tosin is good, he's just needed a couple of years to fill out into his giant frame.

At 22 years old van dijk hadn't even reached Celtic.

He should get a premier league loan next season and I wouldn't be surprised if he had a breakout year. He was dominant in the Championship.

Just caught Sky ticker. Chelsea have 72hrs after official bid, to match/raise and utilise their buyback clause.
Don’t really know how it works but does the £41 mill mean their buyback can be refused? If the player has decided, not sure Chelsea can make him go.

As far as "back up" options go, he'd be pretty decent. Good in the tackle, has pace and can chip in with a few goals. The price may be a little high but we're mugging Valencia right off with the fee we're paying for Ferran so hey-ho. All in all, it should be another decent piece of business.

So he counts as home grown even though he's Dutch, how strange.

3 years at the club between 15 and 21, that's the rule in short.

Eric Garcia has already qualified to be club-trained homegrown, after turning 21.
Would be painful if he left, in terms of free spots in the squad.

I hope they don’t fucc this up. But City gave them 41m, which is 1 million above the buy back clause. That should do it?

Nathan Aké is expected to undergo a medical at #ManCity in the coming days, before signing a five-year contract with a major pay increase on his current £40,000-per-week contract. [
@SamiMokbel81_DM

The completion of the deal will also be slowed down by the fact Ake is currently on a family holiday, meaning the formalities of the deal won’t be completed until next week at the earliest. [
@MailSport

The Nathan Aké deal between #ManCity and Bournemouth is said to have been completed ‘very amicably’ - which could aid any hopes the relegated side have of loaning City’s best youngsters in the future. [
@SamiMokbel81_DM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.