Nathan Ake

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as "back up" options go, he'd be pretty decent. Good in the tackle, has pace and can chip in with a few goals. The price may be a little high but we're mugging Valencia right off with the fee we're paying for Ferran so hey-ho. All in all, it should be another decent piece of business.

50% of Maguire's fee ?

Doesn't seem especially high to me.

Carragher quoted in MUEN saying 2 left sided CBs won't work as Today's Criticism of City. He says its looks strange to have two lefties although two right footers are ok.
I am sure that he was one of many so called professional clowns who didnt have a clue about Eric whem he signed and ss a result didnt praise him whrn his ability became apparent. But as soon as he got injured they were all saying how good he was so they could rub his loss in.

His little brain can't comprehend the idea of signing more than one CB in a window.

How's this for a statement of how fucked our CB situation was this season?

It is significant that after the 3-2 defeat by Norwich on 14 September, Guardiola's two most experienced central defenders, Nicolas Otamendi and John Stones, did not start another Premier League game together until July.
That's with Laporte out for 6 months...

Carragher quoted in MUEN saying 2 left sided CBs won't work as Today's Criticism of City. He says its looks strange to have two lefties although two right footers are ok.
I am sure that he was one of many so called professional clowns who didnt have a clue about Eric whem he signed and ss a result didnt praise him whrn his ability became apparent. But as soon as he got injured they were all saying how good he was so they could rub his loss in.
Clutching at straws?

How's this for a statement of how fucked our CB situation was this season?

It is significant that after the 3-2 defeat by Norwich on 14 September, Guardiola's two most experienced central defenders, Nicolas Otamendi and John Stones, did not start another Premier League game together until July.
That's with Laporte out for 6 months...

I still find it absolutely staggering that the club went into a season with Stones, Otamendi, Fernandinho and Laporte as it's CB options.

Don’t really know how it works but does the £41 mill mean their buyback can be refused? If the player has decided, not sure Chelsea can make him go.

Yeah it's interesting, but quite undefined how it works in practice. Anyone?

Maybe Chelsea could trigger the option as an obligation between B'mouth and Chelsea.
But surely they still wouldn't have a contract with Aké. It would mean the player gave away his right of free choice where to work back then to Chelsea. Such an option would cost 20m+ for a club. Why would a player do that, if not for huuuge money.

Such a first refusal option doesn't make much sense, only if the player wants back to the mother club, for a fixed fee (per option) instead of open negotiations.

I'm not sure though.
I bet tv experts don't drop a word about that topic?..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.