Eddie Howe leaves Bournemouth

Oh I know, it was just one of the most miserable awaydays I’ve known as a blue, our defence making Jason Lee look like prime Van Basten and the opposition fans confirming what we all knew all too well, that we were doomed with a joke of a manager
I went to that game with a Spurs and Brighton fan as corporate guests and I had the piss taken out of me by both of them that day, which I always stored up - and repaid down the line. With dignity, obvs.

Seems a decent guy and did well to get Bournemouth to the prem and keep them there for a number of seasons. Don't think the prem has seen the last of Howe but the club may struggle to make it back there.

He's done a great job to take them all the way up the leagues but he hasn't moved forward since they've been in the PL. I did an internet radio show at the start of the season and said I didn't rate him at this level.

One reason is in the 2018/19 season they scored the most goals from counter attacks. You'd assume therefore that they were a bit like Leicester in 2016, with a mean defence. But they shipped loads of goals so you have to question that. Sean Dyche does a much better job in that respect. And whenever I watched them, they looked easy on the eye at times but seemed to be poorly organised and struggled to do simple things you'd expect a decently coached side at PL level to do.

He's done an incredible job to get them to the Premier League. Master of his own downfall really trying to go toe to toe with teams in every game, On top of most of his big money signings have been shite, Ibe, Solanke, Billing, Rico, Lerma ect all not good enough.

He's done a great job to take them all the way up the leagues but he hasn't moved forward since they've been in the PL. I did an internet radio show at the start of the season and said I didn't rate him at this level.

One reason is in the 2018/19 season they scored the most goals from counter attacks. You'd assume therefore that they were a bit like Leicester in 2016, with a mean defence. But they shipped loads of goals so you have to question that. Sean Dyche does a much better job in that respect. And whenever I watched them, they looked easy on the eye at times but seemed to be poorly organised and struggled to do simple things you'd expect a decently coached side at PL level to do.
To be fair he'd do better with better resources, and taking cast off's from liverpool's reserves was about as good as it got. Bournemouth are not a PL club, and they never will be, nice club, and deserved there go at it, and keeping them there as long as he did is an achievement, he can do better imho, and at least he tries to play football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.