Gout

I've not had a bad flare up for a couple of years

Got it on holiday once and it completely spoilt my holiday as I could hardly walk or swim

I drink pure cherry juice. There's one called Cherrygood that you can buy in cartons from Tesco or Sainsbury, and it really works for me

As soon as I can feel it coming on I get on Naproxen and more often than not that nips it in the bud

Yep, had it now for about six years.
Under control folllowing medication and living a bit more sensibly
Drink through it you'll be fine. Seriously though, three of us went to Australia to see the cricket and one of my mates suffers from it and spent the first 2 days of the Sydney test with his foot up in the hotel and was in agony. So you have my sympathy

Got this a few weeks ago. It had to happen eventually!

I’ve knocked the malt on the head (which I’m conviced caused it) and shellfish. Had a recurrence after the first episode when I ate some lobster linguine.

Absolute agony by day two, but it receded pretty fast too tbf. Not nice. Try and avoid.

I got it around this time last year. I'd had a really booze-filled meat rich holiday the week before.
I've normally got a decent diet but blew it out of the water on holiday.
Like everyone has said, THE worst pain I've ever endured. Constant pain & discomfort for 4/5 days until the tablets kicked in.
It felt like my right big toe joint was on fire & nothing could relieve it.
Not had it before or since & I've no plans on having a mad week that lead up to it.

Any sufferers? I’ve been lucky so far but have two guys on my crew that are presently dealing with flare ups, sounds miserable
Suffered from it from the age of 25 its a shocker.

Pain killers don't help much in my case but fortunately in my case , get it in the big toe , ankle and lower feet the pain and swelling reduces in a couple of days but occasionally it lasts for a week or so.

impossible to sleep when the pain is at its worst.

Diet and uric acid represent food can help.

My advice stay off apples and all dairy food when you have it for starters.

Suffered from it from the age of 25 its a shocker.

Pain killers don't help much in my case but fortunately in my case , get it in the big toe , ankle and lower feet the pain and swelling reduces in a couple of days but occasionally it lasts for a week or so.

impossible to sleep when the pain is at its worst.

Diet and uric acid represent food can help.

My advice stay off apples and all dairy food when you have it for starters.
Dink lots of water and cherry liquid.

Had a flare up this weekend. Not had anything in my diet to have brought it on. I get it in my ankle and the pain when walking is unbearable. It's not been diagnosed but I'm sure that's what it is. The disease of kings.

Just over my last bout. Has moved from my toe to my knee now which whilst still hurting like a motherfucker, nowhere near as bad. Normally comes every 6/8 months, lasts about 5 days and is gone.
I thought about giving up all the things I enjoy but have decided it’s the price I’m going to have to pay to continue.
I’m ok with the trade off tbh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.