#3 | Rúben Dias - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to be able to be able to watch him from my usual East Stand eyrie and see what he is doing off the ball. He's really been quite unobtrusive so far, in a good way.

He's not the new Vinnie (no one could be) but he may share some key qualities, including leadership and that wonderful knack of making those around him play better.

Early days of course but he has slotted into the side rather well so far.
He is constantly in the ear of our defence, cajoling, encouraging and occasionally bollocking. For a new player that is just brilliant to see and he has undoubtedly made a big difference. He may be one of the reasons that Stones is reborn if his influence extends to the training pitch.

He is constantly in the ear of our defence, cajoling, encouraging and occasionally bollocking. For a new player that is just brilliant to see and he has undoubtedly made a big difference. He may be one of the reasons that Stones is reborn if his influence extends to the training pitch.
Stones has always needed a leader next to him, its no secret that anyone who has played alongside Kompany in the past decade has pretty much immediately become twice the player. Dias can be that voice again as you say. Looks comfortable on the left or right, isnt bothered if the back 4 changes around him. Just gets on with it.

I agree. There’s this constant want for the next (insert name). He’s looks a very different central defender to Kompany in lots of ways, but thus far he appears to share one very important quality in that the defence looks like a defence when he plays.

Compared to those that played right centre back last season I no longer fear the worst when the ball is on that side of the pitch or at the feet of our player. All big plus points!
It's certainly something that frustrates me a bit regarding needing a new Vinnie or Dave or Yaya. You can't get clones of your great players. You just have to recruit new guys who have the quality to be part of a great team and Dias is showing signs that he has that quality.

He does appear to be a strong personality.

It's certainly something that frustrates me a bit regarding needing a new Vinnie or Dave or Yaya. You can't get clones of your great players. You just have to recruit new guys who have the quality to be part of a great team and Dias is showing signs that he has that quality.
wierdly you don't here people wanting a yaya replacement its always a silva or ferny replacement when it comes to the midfield. I don't think we would ever find anyone like him he truly was a freak of nature. As for replacing kompany i think people want a new leader at the back not necessarily a kompany replacement.

Really like the look of him so far.

Never seems to be under pressure. He’s calm as fuck and constantly communicating. For a young man at a new club in a new country, that’s impressive.

Already a favourite!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.