York away documentary, City + TV

Nothing comes near the Stockport 3-1 for me, so many mates suddenly supporting County and then giving me grief after never seeing a football game before. That's why I now have a hatred of the club....
Only game I've ever walked out of before half time.
Stuck in the ridiculous queue outside, 1-0.
Got in and to the back of the terrace, 2-0.
Mate said if they score again, we're leaving.
3-0 about 30 minutes in, left and back drinking in Piccadilly by 4pm.

Did most aways that season apart from Gillingham and Bristol Rovers towards the end of the season as it was regular season ticket holders with 19 away stubs from that season. I was pissed most of the time and regularly lost the stubs.

Only regret that season was losing faith at Wembley and leaving at 2-0, then having to run back to the ground (I've not run since!).

Losing at home to Stockport was pretty shit. One memory of that period was how dark (literally) Maine Road seemed. Almost as if half the floodlights were off

My lowest point of that season was Lincoln away. Where we played the worst I had ever seen. In stark contrast the York trip was a brilliant day and night out culminating in a drinking spree by the river. I thought we actually played ok at York but were unlucky to lose. We didn't play any better in the next match at Wrexham but managed to get the points...and the rest is history (even though we don't have any history apparently). People joke about York away but it really was a great turn-out of Blues and most of them enjoyed the piss-up from what I can recall (unless it was just me)
Yes I agree just before York away night match a woman to get to got in just before ko that drive home was possibly my lowest point as a blue genuinely thought it was the end of us as a club that could ever challenge for honours, took my daughter I had no answer as to what was going on felt guilty for subjecting her to such miserable football, the teasing she got at school was terrible, but I can tell you she has well and truly got her own back these last 10 years.

The 97 98 season I lost heart for going to Maine Rd having been a regular for nearly 30 years. I spent my Saturday afternoons at Fleetwood Town getting bad news on the radio. After around a year of missing City, I went away to Wimbledon in the cup then premier League . Buckets of beer and a City following of around 6,000 in a virtually empty Selhurst Park reminded me what I'd been missing. A very unlucky 1 0 defeat, think we had a sending off and a goal disallowed didn't ruin a fantastic day and restored my love for City. Went to every home game for the rest of the season, the unexpected win over Fulham and the madness of Millwall being the highlights. The semi final win over Wigan was the most amazing emotional night at Maine Rd I can ever remember. The greatest disappointment was not getting a ticket for Wembley but even now that was my favourite season.

I enjoyed that.

Was a nice humble footnote to what's happened since.

Can I really call myself blue if I wasnt at York Away?
FYI - I couldnt get a ticket (apparently 50m blues were ahead of me in the que)

Yes I agree just before York away night match a woman to get to got in just before ko that drive home was possibly my lowest point as a blue genuinely thought it was the end of us as a club that could ever challenge for honours, took my daughter I had no answer as to what was going on felt guilty for subjecting her to such miserable football, the teasing she got at school was terrible, but I can tell you she has well and truly got her own back these last 10 years.
These days, someone would have you up for child cruelty, inflicting needless mental torture on the poor kid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.