Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it is worth, we all seem to agree that if Graelish is to come, someone has to leave. If we are to also sign a striker, that is actually a matter of fact, given our current squad.

At the moment, I find that more likely to be Fernandinho whoose contract runs out in 4 days and is yet to be renewed, than Bernardo, who has years left on his and some spanish guy has claimed is unhappy.

As it stands, at least, obviously all can change.

Edit. not claiming that as a like for like replacement, before anyone lectures me on positions.
Dinho's contract is as good as renewed. Gaughan was briefed by the club.

if we was building a new team then i could understand jack-grealish move. but we have very good world class players in that role already. so we can bring in cole palmer into the setup without spending £100milion

cole palmer is promising and looked the part in the youth setup and is ready for a step up in mixing with the first team sqaud and pushing for games. even if he does not break through this season just being around the team will give him the experience

does jack-grealish demand a place in the city team over foden or KDB ? the only bonus things is he is left footed so knowing pep jack-grealish could be our new left back
Grealish doesn’t need to command a place over Foden or KDB, he’ll be playing alongside them. And Palmer plays on the right of a front 3. Grealish will most likely be playing as an 8 for us, driving forward through midfield, and occasionally on the left of the front 3 when there’s rotation/injury/loss of form.

I think if we sign Grealish then it pushes Torres into only really being an option at striker. Which I’m happy about tbh, he doesn’t look a winger to me. Looks very dangerous up too.

We would have a lot of depth IF he comes and Bernardo was to leave for example.

6; Rodri, Fernandinho, Gundo
8; Gundo, KDB, Grealish
RW; Sterling, Mahrez, Palmer
LW; Foden, Grealish
9; Kane, Torres, Jesus

For me, Jesus probably should be shipped out there. He isn’t going to get any game time if those are our options.

That’s a fucking obscene amount of attacking talent.

we are talking about a world class euro's winner and 3 times premier league winner. league cup. fa cup. winner
its peanuts for a quality player if true ? so £100milion for a uk player that not really pulled trees up on both club or international levels and won nothing
We are talking about a player who wants to leave us and a English player we want to sign , this can make a difference in transfer fees

Plus the fact it won't actually be 100m it'll be more like 70 with add ons and the Douglas Luiz clause removed.
Very true good point. Saw a stat yesterday and grealish created 80 odd chances last season for villa which was well above the chances created by foden, Mahrez, Sterling and bernardo individually so what he could produce in our team alongside KDB is very exciting especially when hopefully we have a finisher like Kane/Haaland on the end of those chances! I'm excited about it we could be truly frightening next season.

So IF Bernardo is sold this summer, would you think he’s been pushed or jumped?
It’s hard to say. I don’t think he is being pushed by the Club but I do think he’s not been the same player since that ridiculous reaction to his joke about Mendy. Maybe Bernie thinks it’s better to look for a new start rather than have to deal with the UK media. So jumped but pushed out by the media.

With regard to Grealish, I really don’t understand why we appear to be so keen on him and prepared to pay a ludicrous amount of money. He’s a good player no doubt but is he a great player ? Personally I dont think so. In addition he mostly plays in a position where we already have an abundance of talent (Sterling, Foden, Bernie and Jesus when he plays in his best position)

I would much rather we concentrate our efforts on a world class left back and long term cover for Fernandinho. If we are intent on a marquee signing we should be all in for Mbappe or Harland.

It’s hard to say. I don’t think he is being pushed by the Club but I do think he’s not been the same player since that ridiculous reaction to his joke about Mendy. Maybe Bernie thinks it’s better to look for a new start rather than have to deal with the UK media. So jumped but pushed out by the media.

With regard to Grealish, I really don’t understand why we appear to be so keen on him and prepared to pay a ludicrous amount of money. He’s a good player no doubt but is he a great player ? Personally I dont think so. In addition he mostly plays in a position where we already have an abundance of talent (Sterling, Foden, Bernie and Jesus when he plays in his best position)

I would much rather we concentrate our efforts on a world class left back and long term cover for Fernandinho. If we are intent on a marquee signing we should be all in for Mbappe or Harland.
Ferns long term replacement is already at the club, he just needs another season to get first team experience.

Grealish must be in dreamland

Opportunity to play for the greatest manager in a team with Kev, Phil and possibly Kane in the top European competition with major chance of winning trophies

Hard decision for the lad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.