Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have signed letters from Khaldoon or Txiki, you are correct. However there is a clear shift in media reports and bits on here from BS and TH, and I read them as saying Kane is our target. I am pretty confident we will either sign Kane or if that falls through then it will be someone else.

Haaland looks off the market for all parties this summer.
Agree - unless............somebody makes a ridiculous bid (in the current climate) and the only other club who can do so IMO is Chelski who are again rumored to be making a bid in excess of 135M !!

Be nice if football was played on paper.

If you believe Haaland is staying on a 6yr contract with no change in wages, no huge bonuses and no threat of leaving then your living in the clouds.

15m to Grealish agent and 20m to Kane's seems very high, there is no precedent for that figure for those players.

You also cannot just say just buy Haaland and promote a youth player, zero guarantee any youth player is as good as Grealish and if they are not then you have to go and spend a fortune on a player anyway. The only possible comparision you can do is Kane v Haaland and by all accounts, thats already been done and Kane was chosen, the sooner people accept the better.
On the 6 year contract, if he does push for a move we would make a large sum of money in the transfer which would recoup majority if not all of initial expenditure, plus minus those years of wages. It's a win win, but I live in hope not expectation

So before we get him you're predicting he will walk in 5 or so years on a free.
Have you got next week's lottery winning numbers ?

Nope. I didn’t say that.
What I said was that all we can rely on from a 5 year contract is 5 years.
If a player agrees to a forward contract then the agreement is reached because it is financially better to do that than to walk away when the contract lapses.

I find it really weird how grown-ups can extrapolate 10 years from a 5 year contract without quite understanding that you don’t just need to compete with the market to sign a player, but you need to compete with the market to get a player to sign up to a renewal too.

Oh, and the lottery numbers are
5, 6,33, 42, 45, 48 but, even better than that, I’ve got a magic bean that you can lease for 5 years and then pay some more and lease it again for another 5 years.
I call it a longevity bean because it’s young and some odd people think that means you pay for 5 and get 10. Then they pay again.

Nope. I didn’t say that.
If a player agrees to a forward contract then the agreement is reached because it is financially better to do that than to walk away when the contract lapses.

I find it really weird how grown-ups can extrapolate 10 years from a 5 year contract without quite understanding that you don’t just need to compete with the market to sign a player, but you need to compete with the market to get a player to sign up to a renewal too.

5, 6,33, 42, 45, 48 but, even better than that, I’ve got a magic bean that you can lease for 5 years and then pay some more and lease it again for another 5 years.
I call it a longevity bean because it’s young and some odd people think that means you pay for 5 and get 10. Then they pay again.
How much do you want for that bean?

Nope. I didn’t say that.

Right I’m sorry but comments like that deserve a line on the next couple of draws with those numbers just in case - how much would that piss you off if they were winners lol

Right I’m sorry but comments like that deserve a line on the next couple of draws with those numbers just in case - how much would that piss you off if they were winners lol

I’m always delighted when any deserving soul has any kind of good fortune - and I’d be amazed at the coincidence if it were those numbers.

Though I must admit that I don’t do the lottery because I know what it is and I also understand the nature of the investment model.

PS. Magic beans are a great investment, always lots of takers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.