Wycombe (H) - EFL Cup R3 - Tue 21 Sep 19:45 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How much money has been sunk into this Academy for such a piss poor return?? It’s not a Science….read your dictionary! It’s an expensive gamble that might pay off….and thus far….it sure ain’t. Choice of best players globally and it’s Phil and………
Posters like you also fail to develop. “Ludicrous”....name those nuggets….and how many will get a game tomorrow night. Numpty…..
Our transition record is BOBBINS…..FACT.
Yeah cos we give players away don't we!

All those fees and add ons we get are just bullshit aren't they.

I can't name the nuggets as I don't have a crystal ball, neither does anyone else at City or anywhere else for that matter.

Yeah cos we give players away don't we!

All those fees and add ons we get are just bullshit aren't they.

I can't name the nuggets as I don't have a crystal ball, neither does anyone else at City or anywhere else for that matter.
JADON SANCHO
We have “one of the best Academy“ set ups that produce a conveyer belt of players for other clubs.
We are a “buying club” pure and simple.
Name one other EPL club that has transitioned ONLY ONE ACADEMY player into the first team in the past 4 years…….
You don’t need a crystal ball for that.

JADON SANCHO
We have “one of the best Academy“ set ups that produce a conveyer belt of players for other clubs.
Name one other EPL club that has only transitioned ONLY ACADEMY player into the first team in the past 4 years…….
Good night I need to do the washing up.

You come back with Sancho, ffs

He was offered a contract but didn't want to stay, wasn't good enough when he left to command a place but didn't fancy the challenge.

But where are the players to benefit us and drive us forward? The City Shop also makes a lot of money.
This Summer City got an extra £11m from Utd for Sancho, £16m for Angelino and £7m for Nmecha.

Do your research next time.

Good night I need to do the washing up.

You come back with Sancho, ffs

He was offered a contract but didn't want to stay, wasn't good enough when he left to command a place but didn't fancy the challenge.
Sold for £10m and subsequently sold for rather more. A few add ons. You posed the question ”Yeah cos we give players away don’t we?” And in this case we did.…the only reason Sancho came into this conversation. Should have been read the riot act!! Doesn’t matter if he wasn’t good enough…he was worth more than £10m as events proved. Apart from him what transfer fees have we actually received from this conveyer belt of talent at the Etihad. Christ even former Rags had their kids enrolled….
Enjoy your washing up.

JADON SANCHO
Name one other EPL club that has transitioned ONLY ONE ACADEMY player into the first team in the past 4 years…….
Like Liam Neeson, players who transition need a “particular set of skills” for one of the best managers in the world to allow the players into one of the best teams in the world.

That said, he has given numerous players the opportunity to make the step up. It has given him and his staff the opportunity to see them in the team and against far superior players than they are used to.

The transition from U18/U23 to being one of Pep’s 16 first team regulars is a wide gulf, and can be an abyss for the pretender to the throne.

We take a look, then loan them out to develop the maturity and mentality needed. I think some people don’t understand that fine live between “got it” and “don’t have it…yet” and “will never have it.”

Foden? Got it.
A select number of loanees? Don’t have it…yet.
The ones we let go? Will never have it!

That’s not to say every player that leaves from the last group will end up selling carpets. Rather, they are not now, nor do they ever look like being, able to compete with the Top 25 players at the club.

It is clear from the contract extensions being offered (and signed) where the club feels they are with the nucleus of the team, both for a season or two, and the long term.

In that mix, there is definitely room for a few Academy players to make their case. However, should they fall short, the club can realize substantial monies from selling them to second and third tier teams where the players can continue their development in the hopes of making the grade in a few years.

Where City see that long term potential, they demand a buyback clause. Where they don’t expect the player to be of sufficient quality to come back, they demand a sell on clause.

That is good business and is helping us offset significant outflows. In the last season alone, it meant Jack Grealish was a £40M net spend, which is a FFP coup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.