Wycombe (H) - EFL Cup R3 - Tue 21 Sep 19:45 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This Summer City got an extra £11m from Utd for Sancho, £16m for Angelino and £7m for Nmecha.

Do your research next time.
So where are the players that made that transition permanent apart from Phil. That is what we’re discussing here. One Academy scholar in 4 years….you happy with that. I’m not. I asked if Pep had a similar record of failing to promote youth at Barcelona and Bayern Munich.
Read all of the relevant posts next time.

Perhaps that's why we can't name one other club that has won the league in 3 of those 4 years.
You not worried about the lack of transition from Academy to First Team?? Every great team needs young legs and energy. You seeing that this season?

From 2018, but the income City make from academy graduates dwarfed the other top clubs.

Attachments

• BFB0DC4F-8D11-4FE7-ADE3-ACDF5D611292.png
    BFB0DC4F-8D11-4FE7-ADE3-ACDF5D611292.png
    123.6 KB · Views: 49
  • AEFDE444-B914-489B-82D7-333D8C59FC76.png
    AEFDE444-B914-489B-82D7-333D8C59FC76.png
    125.7 KB · Views: 49
You not worried about the lack of transition from Academy to First Team?? Every great team needs young legs and energy. You seeing that this season?
The purpose of the academy is to train and educate young players with the intention that they go on to have a career in football.... preferably but not necessarily at City.... Khaldoons words not mine

I'd expect it has more than paid for itself in sales of academy graduates and just having Foden come through to the first team means its been successful

JADON SANCHO
We have “one of the best Academy“ set ups that produce a conveyer belt of players for other clubs.
We are a “buying club” pure and simple.
Name one other EPL club that has transitioned ONLY ONE ACADEMY player into the first team in the past 4 years…….
You don’t need a crystal ball for that.
He was offered a contract at City and saw Leroy and Raheem in his positions and thought “nope, not getting in there for the next decade” and went elsewhere.

I can’t think of any other players coming through ours or any other Prem academy (other than Foden) who has been good enough to get anywhere near our squad. That’s why we win league titles regularly, because we haven’t bought McTominey from United or Sako from Arsenal, because they’re bobbins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.