Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS)

Diosmin and Horse Chestnut Cream for Legs 150ml Dulàc Omniven Legs for Restless Leg Syndrome Relief, Swollen Ankles Treatment, Spider Legs, Swollen Legs Relief - Cooling Leg Gel, Improves Circulation

Amazon

The worst is long flights.
It's 8hrs back here from Manchester and it usually ends up with me wanting to rip my legs off and jump out a window.
I spent a good part of a flight from New York to Manchester standing because of it.
The looks you get as you try to stretch your calves.

Last edited:
Had it for years.
It’s like insects moving around inside my calves.
Sometimes it’s ok sometimes it’s unbearable.
I take magnesium supplements and eat bananas for potassium.
I sit with my feet on a footstool and continually stretch my calves. Every night I do a set of calf and thigh stretching exercises.
When it’s really bad I wear surgical socks. I find the pressure on my calves gets rid of it, but I am told it’s dangerous to sleep with them on.
These strategies allow me to sleep 90% of the time.
I won’t take meds for it after having a nightmare getting off tramadol a few years ago.

Those reporting suffering from it , have you ever had lower back trauma of any sort?
I forgot about my socks earlier. On all but the warmest evenings wearing socks in bed seems to help. I think it can be linked to lack of body salts as well so plenty of fluids is essential.

Never had lower back trauma predating my restless legs but a trapped nerve on the left side certainly seems to have exacerbated it.
I had rickets as a child which I know takes some doing in this day and age but I blame that for a lot of my adult woes including arthritis and the RLS

I spent a good part of a flight from New York to Manchester standing because of it.
I almost snapped a few years ago when I flew back from Rome after spending an hour on the runway.
About ten hours on the plane and it will never happen again.
I have no choice with Manchester but any further and I use England as a stop off.
Actually, maybe Newfoundland for a few nights wouldn't hurt.

I forgot about my socks earlier. On all but the warmest evenings wearing socks in bed seems to help. I think it can be linked to lack of body salts as well so plenty of fluids is essential.

Never had lower back trauma predating my restless legs but a trapped nerve on the left side certainly seems to have exacerbated it.
I had rickets as a child which I know takes some doing in this day and age but I blame that for a lot of my adult woes including arthritis and the RLS
Chronic arthritis here too.
Already had one hip replaced and the other one is moaning at me now.

The worst is long flights.
It's 8hrs back here from Manchester and it usually ends up with me wanting to rip my legs off and jump out a window.
Forgot about flights, been a couple of years since I've done it due to the obvious but the last time was 10hrs, fucking horrible, stood at the back of the plane for hours on end but felt like some sort of weirdo lurking near the toilets. I usually stand on train journeys too, not worth getting settled in a seat.

Thanks, Doc. Are you a real doctor?
Absolutely not my friend. When I initially registered on here I tried to take the username BlueBob but someone had already bagged it so I added the Dr prefix as that was a nickname I had at the time.

It would be nice if I could help in any way but alas not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.