John Gwynne RIP (p 11)

Used to love hearing him commentate on Lancy, never knew he was a Blue though. Some really nice comments on this thread. Didn’t he do the pa gig at Old Trafford for a while? The proper Old Trafford

Last edited:
This is really sad. He's a top man.
I worked on the local paper and he always provided a piece on the Tameside Darts Leagues. Every week he would either bring it in personally or phone it through.
I remember listening to him, when he was commentating on the World Champs, and then taking his call an hour after he'd gone off air, as he dictated his copy. It didn't matter whether it was Taylor v Barney, or The Junction v The Kings Head he just loved the sport and promoting it.
Thoughts are with all his family.

he's a great bloke and a big blue. speak to him often as he lives Denton. we've both been through the mill with City, nowadays we look at each other and grin :)
We often bumped into each other in different bookies in denton before online betting became the norm A TRUE BLUE GENTLEMAN ctid

Think he was joking mate
Yes. Admittedly not always easy to discern what's meant to be humour online, but the point about kids who've supported several clubs having a broader understanding surely marks it out as a joke.

Meanwhile, I used to interact with John on Twitter and always found that his graciousness matched his wealth of knowledge. I'm saddened to read the latest news as, based on his tweets, he always seemed to maintain hope even when things weren't looking good. May his last days be as free from pain as is possible when faced by this wretched illness.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.