27 | Matheus Nunes - 2023/24

Impressive performance today, hoping he builds on this now, the energy he brings can he useful

More game time he gets, the more I'm certain he should be played out wide perhaps permanently but at least until he's settled. His running would be much more useful if he's playing out wide. Will also be more useful now kdb is back and can find him. Expect him to step up a level soon. The talent is there.

Needs to stop being a mardarse though, he's so weak for somebody of his size.

What agenda?
Agenda may have been a poor choice of word but people seem to have this obsession with wanting to right players off before they're even been given a chance. Instead of objectively trying to look at a player and see what they could bring they're instantly deemed a level below and not good enough time and time again. Thats despite what we've seen with adjustment periods etc. I just find it strange how threads are flooded with negativity after certain games but then after a good performance people are reluctant to praise. Players can look below par and have bad games but I just can't get on board with the black and white answer of he's crap or not at our level. Would much rather try and take positive and look for signs of where players can help a team / be an important player. Nunes today showed for me what I've said for a while that he has some really good tools and it was only highlighted having de bruyne around him.

Agenda may have been a poor choice of word but people seem to have this obsession with wanting to right players off before they're even been given a chance. Instead of objectively trying to look at a player and see what they could bring they're instantly deemed a level below and not good enough time and time again. Thats despite what we've seen with adjustment periods etc. I just find it strange how threads are flooded with negativity after certain games but then after a good performance people are reluctant to praise. Players can look below par and have bad games but I just can't get on board with the black and white answer of he's crap or not at our level. Would much rather try and take positive and look for signs of where players can help a team / be an important player. Nunes today showed for me what I've said for a while that he has some really good tools and it was only highlighted having de bruyne around him.
You need to factor in the opposition. When he performs against a challenger either domestically or in a meaningful match in the champions league you may have a point

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.