PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

if people think they will stitch us up,or get swayed by the media,do you really think our side will let them look at anything but the facts, if there is a stitch up we will appeal it, it will be fair and based on facts, its how kcs work, facts,facts and only facts
True - but that will be the second or third hurdle - the first will be a lay panel and that may well be swayed by the wait of opinion and PL expedience.

I’m hoping that some sort of compromise has been reached whereby we take a smallish hit for none cooperation or something, just like CAS. Whilst it’s been fun for our enemies to smear City at every occasion it’s now proving a shitshow for the EPL with possible catastrophic consequences, I would guess it’s in everyones interest to draw a line under this. If we get hammered then we appeal and the whole process drags on.

What worries me is they will not want us to walk away Scott free of all charges it will make them look fools they will want something to appease the red shirted masses.
they've included the fail safe 'failing to co-operate' within the charges so they've got that to fall back on. If it does, I'd want to City to take them to court and reveal the extent of the information that was requested as I think that would truly pull the PL's pants down. In a perfect world the club would have a smoking gun regarding the behaviour of that rat (P)rick parry during the UEFA case, so that could be raised as a reason for non-cooperation as well.

The club has already been charged.

The idea that the PL don’t have a top notch legal team is laughable. They have Adam Lewis acting for them. It will simply come down to what the PL can present and/or what the club can put forward.
No I mean when there isn't a case to answer too, the panel will then just charge us anyhow to appease the redshirts.
Alot of posters are worried this will happen

i think the fa may be reaching out, i have said all along i think this was a fishing expedition to show the government that they could regulate themselves and it has backfired spectacularly on them, i believe that they thought we would be conciliatory, take a slap on the wrist and they could go to the government look we have our house in order, i dont believe for one second that the pl believed we would fight it in the manner we have and they have been looking for a way to back out gracefully and i think this shitshow with everton and forest has made them come cap in hand to try and find a way.

No I mean when there isn't a case to answer too, the panel will then just charge us anyhow to appease the redshirts.
Alot of posters are worried this will happen
That’s just complete bollocks though, and a poster alluded to the mentality of some a few pages back. Too much is thought about what red shirt clubs’ fans think.

That is just plain fan rivalry though, with the irony, also alluded to by that poster, fans of those clubs think we are favoured by everyone from top to bottom and that this is going to be swept under the carpet.

Everton's appeal outcome will be interesting. The PL made up the sanctions rule after Everton had been charged first time around. The points deduction they have received feels very harsh. If the 10 point deduction still stands post Everton's appeal I wonder what the tribunal will apply to us if we are found guilty of some of the charges. The PL will have set a very dangerous precedent for future cases. Everton need to get their points deduction quashed. Everton should have received a financial penalty in my view due to the size of their breach. What a shambles Richard Masters!
I think this is a key point. It has been reported (and not denied by anyone) that the criteria for Everton's 10 point deduction was decided internally by Richard Masters and PL lawyers and not after consulation with the PL clubs. The clubs knew there would be possible sanctions but not the detail of how they were calculated. If that's true then Masters can't surivive. You can't justify a situation where all the PL clubs sign up to financial regime at the start of a season without knowing details of what happens to them if they breach the rules. Deducting points has damaged the integrity of this year's competition affecting all clubs.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.