PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Link to the Telegraph article here https://archive.ph/5qIVY

Smells of bollocks.

"Telegraph Sport understands there will be developments as early as next week, although precisely what is unclear. Neither side has been prepared to discuss any part of the case. As per the published written reasons in Everton’s profit and sustainability rules (PSR) case last year, submissions and arguments are likely to be made regularly by both sides in the City case.

The case is being heard by an independent commission, appointed by Murray Rosen KC, the chair of the Premier League’s judicial panel, which will announce its decision to both parties on the proposed date. All independent commission decisions are announced on the Premier League website, as per the league’s rules. Both sides – City and the Premier League - are likely to be notified before the ruling is published, although how much notice parties are given is never disclosed."

We’ll just have to look at what kind of mood Pep is in when the announcement is rumoured to be close.

i think the fa may be reaching out, i have said all along i think this was a fishing expedition to show the government that they could regulate themselves and it has backfired spectacularly on them, i believe that they thought we would be conciliatory, take a slap on the wrist and they could go to the government look we have our house in order, i dont believe for one second that the pl believed we would fight it in the manner we have and they have been looking for a way to back out gracefully and i think this shitshow with everton and forest has made them come cap in hand to try and find a way.

I love your optimism, but no chance either side is backing out, the fallout would be massive, they've invested time, money and effort into nailing us.
We don't know what evidence ( if any) they've found, in the court of public opinion we're guilty as charged, they want blood, points deductions, loss of trophies, they set out to ruin us, there's no way there backing out.
We think we're innocent, they had years building their case, both sides need to save face, gonna be a horrible wait.

I’m hoping that some sort of compromise has been reached whereby we take a smallish hit for none cooperation or something, just like CAS. Whilst it’s been fun for our enemies to smear City at every occasion it’s now proving a shitshow for the EPL with possible catastrophic consequences, I would guess it’s in everyones interest to draw a line under this. If we get hammered then we appeal and the whole process drags on.
According to Khaldoon we`ll never take another "hit".

I think this is a key point. It has been reported (and not denied anyone) that the criteria for Everton's 10 point deduction was decided internally by Richard Masters and PL lawyers and not after consulation with the PL clubs. The clubs knew there would be possible sanctions but not the detail of how they were calculated. If that's true then Masters can't surivive. You can't justify a situation where all the PL clubs sign up to financial regime at the start of a season without knowing details of what happens to them if they breach the rules. Deducting points has damaged the integrity of this year's competition affecting all clubs.

I believe Masters came up with a calculation which he presented to those dealing with the Everton case and it suggested a 10 point deduction based on the amount of money they failed by. The lawyers rejected his suggestion and stated they would come up with their own punishment based on the evidence before them. It just so happened that they also reached 10 points!

The PL / Masters in full scale retreat unsurprisingly. The Law of Unintended Consequences and all that....

Stefan is great and has been invaluable during this saga but I think this tweet is misplaced.

Masters didn’t confirm anything, he said they were looking at the new UEFA model and exploring if they would adopt something similar, and whether that would replace PSR or run side by side and be integrated into it or if they should just keep the current system.

Far from confirming anything he pretty much just said they were looking at all options

What UEFA decides to use as punishments isn’t really relevant to the PL using the format of squad costs vs profit/losses.

After all, as we know PSR was based on FFP and has completely different punishments.

The club has already been charged.

The idea that the PL don’t have a top notch legal team is laughable. They have Adam Lewis acting for them. It will simply come down to what the PL can present and/or what the club can put forward.
Official premierleague statement saying alleged breaches, nothing about being charged

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.