20 years ago today. One of the best comebacks of all time

Anyone got any funny stories who was there that night?

Watched a quick Joey Barton clip where he said Keegan was going off it at half time in the changing rooms. Then he was dishing instructions out and Joey informed him he'd been sent off. He said he went nuts and sent his assistant to check.

Anyone got any funny stories who was there that night?

I wasn’t ‘there’ but me and our kid watched the game at his house, and couldn’t be arsed going seeing our newborn nephew that day. Our sister still gives us shit to this day (what do you expect she’s a woman!)

My nephew is proud we didn’t go and see him, he’s a 20 year dyed in the wool blue! He wouldn’t have it any other way.

Another plus, this thread has reminded to message him on his birthday

I was there. My mate who used to come to the away games with us had to miss this one. I rang him from whl at 3 all. He was a decorator working on a night job, at half time he went back to the job at 3 0 and a man down. He didn’t believe me that it was 3 all so I gave my phone to another lad to confirm it just as John Macken made it 4 3 and pandemonium broke out. Not that funny but still makes me laugh.

After the game the spurs fans were going mental and the coppers re-shut the gates at our end, must have been pretty hairy for those Blues who had already got out.

One of the greatest FA Cup comebacks of modern times.

This fixture has such a special meaning to me as my lad Harvey-James, 9 months old at the time was fighting for his life at a nearby London hospital as he battled meningococcal septicaemia, a deadly form of meningitis, I'd barley left his side for almost two weeks and had a ticket for the game, some friends had offered to pick me up from the hospital and drop me back afterwards but I couldn't leave his side so decided not to go.

I watched as the scores flicked up on my mobile(Nokia6410) phone and remember thinking to myself as the Spurs goals went in “Thanks City, you couldn't even give me a result to lift my mood". So what followed was simply fantastic which gave me a massive boost at the time.

Harvey, then went on to stage his very own remarkable comeback as he made an almost full recovery, Despite amputations to his hands and feet he's the bubbly character you’ll see by my side on most match days and turns 21 next month.

It really felt like at the time that result was sent from above to cheer us up...Typical City !!!

IMG_6025.jpeg

Last edited:
One of the greatest FA Cup comebacks of modern times.

This fixture has such a special meaning to me as my lad Harvey-James, 9 months old at the time was fighting for his life at a nearby London hospital as he battled meningococcal septicaemia, a deadly form of meningitis, I'd barley left his side for almost two weeks and had a ticket for the game, some friends had offered to pick me up from the hospital and drop me back afterwards but I couldn't leave his side so decided not to go,

I watched as the scores flicked up on my mobile(Nokia6410) phone and remember thinking to myself as the Spurs goals went in “Thanks City, you couldn't even give me a result to lift my mood". So what followed was simply fantastic which gave me a massive boost at the time.

Harvey, then went on to stage his very own remarkable comeback as he made an almost full recovery, Despite amputations to his hands and feet he's the bubbly character you’ll see by my side on most match days and turns 21 next month.

It really felt like at the time that result was sent from above to cheer us up...Typical City !!!

View attachment 106069
Brilliant story mate.

Have you got one of the shirts from that match?

I do mate thank you and would love an outfield one also. I made Jon Macken a very good offer for THE shirt a while back but he understandably wants to keep it.

View attachment 106070
He made a brilliant double save to keep us in it. Is there any reason the numbers have the premier league logos in an FA cup game?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.