20 years ago today. One of the best comebacks of all time

One of the greatest FA Cup comebacks of modern times.

This fixture has such a special meaning to me as my lad Harvey-James, 9 months old at the time was fighting for his life at a nearby London hospital as he battled meningococcal septicaemia, a deadly form of meningitis, I'd barley left his side for almost two weeks and had a ticket for the game, some friends had offered to pick me up from the hospital and drop me back afterwards but I couldn't leave his side so decided not to go.

I watched as the scores flicked up on my mobile(Nokia6410) phone and remember thinking to myself as the Spurs goals went in “Thanks City, you couldn't even give me a result to lift my mood". So what followed was simply fantastic which gave me a massive boost at the time.

Harvey, then went on to stage his very own remarkable comeback as he made an almost full recovery, Despite amputations to his hands and feet he's the bubbly character you’ll see by my side on most match days and turns 21 next month.

It really felt like at the time that result was sent from above to cheer us up...Typical City !!!

View attachment 106069
Jesus mate that story sent shivers right through me, very emotional and a beautiful ending, remember that gamme as though it was yesterday, only watched it on the television though.

One of the greatest FA Cup comebacks of modern times.

This fixture has such a special meaning to me as my lad Harvey-James, 9 months old at the time was fighting for his life at a nearby London hospital as he battled meningococcal septicaemia, a deadly form of meningitis, I'd barley left his side for almost two weeks and had a ticket for the game, some friends had offered to pick me up from the hospital and drop me back afterwards but I couldn't leave his side so decided not to go.

I watched as the scores flicked up on my mobile(Nokia6410) phone and remember thinking to myself as the Spurs goals went in “Thanks City, you couldn't even give me a result to lift my mood". So what followed was simply fantastic which gave me a massive boost at the time.

Harvey, then went on to stage his very own remarkable comeback as he made an almost full recovery, Despite amputations to his hands and feet he's the bubbly character you’ll see by my side on most match days and turns 21 next month.

It really felt like at the time that result was sent from above to cheer us up...Typical City !!!

View attachment 106069
Wow, that has really got to me. You are a remarkable dad and your son is a credit to you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.